My brother just died

Valdain the King

My brother just died last night and I thought that everyone on the forums would like to know as he wont be coming back.

He suffered from depression, paranoia, and hallucinations for a large amount of his life and had a terribly bad early life which we found out about just a month ago. We found out that he was beaten for 5 years when in highschool and suffered from some severe back complications. He didn't tell anyone in the family about this and preferred to keep stuff to himself.

He always wanted to get a girlfriend, treat her well and live a good regular life but he lacked any real confidence and thought that he was worthless. Recently he seemed extremely worse than usual. Me and the my father came down to his house he was living at worried and found him on the floor. Its just me and my 3 sisters now.

As sad as this seems, I came on this forum tonight to make sure his forum name is put to rest. Thanks for your consideration and I hope that you can play Avadon 2 and enjoy it as he would have. Im staying away from games for awhile until this is over but cracking jokes and making a fool of myself is what I enjoy so I will continue that.

Should I message a Moderator about his forum name.

My brother just died last night and I thought that everyone on the forums would like to know as he wont be coming back.

He suffered from depression, paranoia, and hallucinations for a large amount of his life and had a terribly bad early life which we found out about just a month ago. We found out that he was beaten for 5 years when in highschool and suffered from some severe back complications. He didn't tell anyone in the family about this and preferred to keep stuff to himself.

He always wanted to get a girlfriend, treat her well and live a good regular life but he lacked any real confidence and thought that he was worthless. Recently he seemed extremely worse than usual. Me and the my father came down to his house he was living at worried and found him on the floor. Its just me and my 3 sisters now.

As sad as this seems, I came on this forum tonight to make sure his forum name is put to rest. Thanks for your consideration and I hope that you can play Avadon 2 and enjoy it as he would have. Im staying away from games for awhile until this is over but cracking jokes and making a fool of myself is what I enjoy so I will continue that.

Should I message a Moderator about his forum name.

Hey man I made this video for you, hopefully it'll help you feel a little better. I was bullied for 7 years until the very end of high school and I know what it's like to feel less than nothing. I just wish your brother could have risen above everything like I did.

—Vexivero, who was indeed bullied for 7 years. But it did make him the man he is today, so in a way he is eternally grateful.

If at some point you're ready, Valdain, could you tell us who your brother was, here? Knowing someone online in a forum like this is only a small relationship, but many people will have been part of it. Being here was only a small part of your brother's life, but it was a part, too. We will have our own reasons to grieve your brother, and even a smaller grief is better shared.

This kind of things make me hate people and the world. I have some experience of bullies and there should be death penalty for them, they don't deserve to live. If there were a God these things wouldn't happen. And since God doesn't care about justice, people should exact it. They should all die in the most painful and horrible way, in front of their relatives. Speeches and words are useless, bullies will laugh about it because they're still alive and well. Only the hard ways can teach them something... to the rest of them that is.

If at some point you're ready, Valdain, could you tell us who your brother was, here? Knowing someone online in a forum like this is only a small relationship, but many people will have been part of it. Being here was only a small part of your brother's life, but it was a part, too. We will have our own reasons to grieve your brother, and even a smaller grief is better shared.

Deathknight1728

Im going to have to go through his computer when we get back. He was talking about a short story book of childrens stories that he was finishing up. The stories were about his life in a fantasy setting with fictional characters. I dont know exactly what each story is about but a few of the evil creatures in story sound like bullies in school that were abusing him for 5 years. He usually would add a moral at the end of each story on kindle. When Dave first started intermediate school all he could talk about was getting a nice girlfriend and living happy. After the bullies got through with it, he had nothing left and he never told anyone but me. It was over by then and then 3 years ago he lost his best friend who joined the military. I wish I could have helped as he was the best man I know and best brother as well. He enjoyed the spiderweb forums and Im sure he is playing Avadon 2 in heaven.

Im going to assemble what stories he had and try and make a book with what we have. I cant place it on kindle though because it's not me. The family is screwed with that regard and too bad as the stories I read were good.

What an awful loss. Even just here, Death Knight was a great character. He started some great topics, he made a lot of good posts. He pushed "like" for a lot of posts by other people, but he wasn't just indiscriminate. He was often the only person who 'liked' a post, but when he did, it was a good one. A couple of times he 'liked' one of my posts, and I was really pleased.

Back in March of this year Death Knight posted a topic about feeling awful, and several of us really tried to post helpful suggestions about getting medical help. I wish we could have done more. Sometimes even the best help just isn't enough, though.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Valdain. I don't remember much about Deathknight, having spent much less time here in recent years than in years past, but I recall that he was a pleasant presence on our forum.

I'm fascinated, preoccupied, with death, especially the parts about the power of people to heal and move on after a tragedy. I've written a few poems about it, including one that's on my website (see my signature). It's called "A Song For the Grave", if you're curious. I wrote it to be a condolence to the grieving survivors, although my grandmother said it was morbid and depressing. I don't always see eye to eye with my grandmother, nor do many other people. I just meant for it to be solemn but consoling. If a poem would console you, here it is: http://ados.ermarian.net/poetry/songgrave.html

I wrote another poem called "The Swhump Goblin Funeral Song" for my novel. It's much more of a celebration of life and a whimsical acknowledgement of the circle of life than "A Song For the Grave". I try not to show it to too many people for fear of ruining my chances of publishing my novel, but it's my favorite poem and I'd be willing to share it with you given the circumstances, if you so desire.

Poetry helps soothe many people. Not everyone, but if you're one of them, by all means I would like to let you see it. PM me if you want to read it.

Again, my condolences. Your brother will be missed.