Captain Odil disappearance

dragonspeaker

And the same thing just happened to me. I thought it might be because, in between the aboveground fight and the underground fight, I went back to Avadon to change my party (I figured I'd need the tinkermage down below, and boy was I right). When I came back to go underground, I did not check to see if Odil was still in the hall, but when I finished off the rebels and came back upstairs, he sure wasn't.

exactly, Odil's dissapearance happens if after capturing the aboveground base you exit to world map, instead of going after Konstina underground (in my case, i returned to pylon to replenish vitality). lucky me, i kept savegame which i made right after aboveground base win, so i replayed the dungeon part, and this time Odil was there.

Unfortunately I did not make new saves in the right place and will have to redo that scene (and, apparently keep the same party for both halves of the fight).

But thank you for telling me that so that I now know it will work!

(And it's still a bug that I think ought to be fixed -- either by explicitly telling the player that he cannot exit this section of the map until the whole thing is done, or else by not making Odil disappear when you do that. I like the latter option because it lets the player exercise more flexibility.)

I only just found out about this problem, and I would like to generate a workaround and a fix.

If you are in the zone and Odil is gone, please save the game in the top left save slot. Go into the saved games folder (its location can be found here: http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon2/techsupp.html), compress the folder Save0, and send it to support@spiderwebsoftware.com.

Once I have a fix, I'll post it on the support page and get a patch uploaded. Thank you!

- Jeff Vogel

I have a workaround for this. It will be fixed in v1.0.1.

Commander Odil Disappears After Killing Konstina

In Avadon 2 v1.0, if Commander Odil tells you to kill Konstina and you leave the zone before hunting her down, when you return later, Odil will be gone. If you need to report the defeat of Konstina and can't find Odil, you can use a cheat code to get credit for the mission. Press Shift-D and enter this line exactly as written:

sdf 9 12 1

Then press return. Return to Avadon and report your victory to Heart Protus.

This will be fixed in v1.0.1 and later.