Party size mod?

mitch

WARNING: This thread contains information about modifying your game files. If you modify your game, it may change in ways you don't expect or want. These modifications are not designed or supported by Spiderweb Software. Use at your own risk.

I enjoyed Avadon 1 a lot more after installing the mod that allows you to bring all of the other Hands with you instead of only picking two. It does make the game a lot easier, but I don't like missing out on conversations with the companions I've left sulking at home in their rooms. Is anyone working on a mod like this for Avadon 2?

Edited by Lilith
added warning

The thread with the Avadon 1 file is here:

http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/17431-cheat-to-play-with-5-characters/

It basically adds a bit of code to each pylon for bringin in more characters. I might be able to get it working for Avadon 2, but I've never tried modifying the scripts myself and I'm not familiar with how they work.

After half an hour of fiddling it looks like it ought to work. It works to the point where there are all six of us standing around next to a pylon, anyway. Hopefully nothing else will break horribly and I can make it work with all of the areas. I'm also a bit nervous that I'll spoil the plot for myself while looking through all of the scripts, but hopefully I can manage to not see anything that I shouldn't.

Yep, works great... now we need some beta testers. :grin:

even improved old script a little to check (condition = char_in_party) if you already have NPC in party, it might be possible to also to add another check for active quests when NPC is gone?

from what I can tell pylons are located in three places? Northern Portal is not in use?

z5riverlanddlg.txt

z10monbasecdlg.txt

z15troezendlg.txt

code to add under "variables;"

short i;

add at the bottom of the text file (no need to add it under main pylon text, works just fine at the bottom)

// PYLON full party

begintalknode;
state = 300;
nextstate = 301;
condition = 1;
question = "Call for more Hands to assist you.";
text1 = "Who do you wish to summon for help?";

begintalknode;
state = 301;
nextstate = -1;
condition = char_in_party(10) < 0;
question = "Add Khalida to party.";
text1 = "Khalida appears nearby. _Thank you for calling for me, [N]._";
code =
i = random_group_member(0);
set_pc_presence(10,2);
telep_char_to_char(char_in_party(10),i,0);
break;
begintalknode;
state = 301;
nextstate = -1;
condition = char_in_party(11) < 0;
question = "Add Yoshiria to party.";
text1 = "Yoshiria appears nearby. _Greetings, [N]. I will fight honorably at your side._";
code =
set_pc_presence(11,2);
telep_char_to_char(char_in_party(11),i,0);
break;
begintalknode;
state = 301;
nextstate = -1;
condition = char_in_party(12) < 0;
question = "Add Dedrick to party.";
text1 = "Dedrick appears nearby. _Hello, [N]. It is good to be outside once again. _";
code =
set_pc_presence(12,2);
telep_char_to_char(char_in_party(12),i,0);
break;
begintalknode;
state = 301;
nextstate = -1;
condition = char_in_party(13) < 0;
question = "Add Yannick to party.";
text1 = "Yannick appears nearby. _I knew you wouldn't leave me behind, [N]! Let us hunt._";
code =
set_pc_presence(13,2);
telep_char_to_char(char_in_party(13),i,0);
break;
begintalknode;
state = 301;
nextstate = -1;
condition = char_in_party(14) < 0;
question = "Add Alcander to party.";
text1 = "Alcander appears nearby. _I knew you wouldn't leave me behind, [N]! Let us hunt._";
code =
set_pc_presence(14,2);
telep_char_to_char(char_in_party(14),i,0);
break;
begintalknode;
state = 301;
nextstate = -1;
condition = 1;
question = "Done.";
text1 = "With your new party of Hands, you set out to complete the tasks that lie ahead.";
action = END_TALK;

now we just need the dungeon code and maybe Tower of Trials and Redbeard's Chambers? he would never expect a coup to be carried out out of nowhere :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that the hack works in Avadon proper, specifically in the Tower of Trials. I didn't bother with the dialogue, I just attached the code to the obelisk node to get Alcander up there with me. He then toddled around after me upstairs and down, until I left the zone via portal. No harm done, but obviously you'd want to be careful with this.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

You need to find some dialogue to attach it to. This could be a clickable object like an obelisk, or it could be a person, as long as it's someone who doesn't die or disappear, or have much dialogue of their own. Mamora's assistants should do nicely, and they're right near the entrance.

Search the script for this:

begintalknode;
tag = 27;
condition = 1;
text1 = "Eye Mamora has two assistants here, who help him to record prisoners coming in and going out. Like most workers in the dungeons, they try to avoid conversation. You barely manage to greet them before they remember urgent reasons to be somewhere else.";

And add a nextstate line like this:

begintalknode;
tag = 27;
nextstate = 300;
condition = 1;
text1 = "Eye Mamora has two assistants here, who help him to record prisoners coming in and going out. Like most workers in the dungeons, they try to avoid conversation. You barely manage to greet them before they remember urgent reasons to be somewhere else.";

Then just copy and paste Ivan Bajlo's code at the bottom of the script, not forgetting to add the "short i;" line under variables at the top. I just did it and it works perfectly.

• 7 months later...

It was something along the lines of "missing talk node." Any chance I could just get a file download and replace the script, like the Avernum 1 mod? I'm not the greatest at this stuff. >.<

Edit: Sorry if that was vague, but I had already undid the changes that caused the error message when I had posted here.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...