Purple face/hair

Pajama

Hi,

I've just picked up Khalida and her face and hair turned purple/pink within seconds of finding her. I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen as someone on GOG has reported this too. Is there any workaround or will a fix be forthcoming as I keep thinking she's got some awful disease or something! :)

Thanks.

I think this is actually intentional. The sprite is tinted to differentiate it from other characters using the female blademaster sprite, including (possibly) the player. Every companion except for the shadowwalker (I can't remember anyone's name yet. . .) is like this in my game.

I'm an idiot. Yeah, this is how she and Yannick look in my game too. Haven't met any others yet, so it wasn't as obvious to me. Thanks, Nalyd.

I've just picked up Yannick and he is pink too. I'm sure it's not supposed to be intentional as they are such a bright pink, almost fluorescent, even their weapons! It is very, very off-putting, I really can't believe that this effect is supposed to be intentional. Anyway, I'm relieved that it isn't just me this is happening to, I was beginning to wonder if my eyes were going! :)

Have you tried to replicate the behavior using the DirectX version?

It might be a specific OpenGL issue for your system.

How do I know which version I'm using and how do I change it? I've tried changing all of the settings in options to no avail. Thanks.

Edit: I actually bought the game via GOG, does this make a difference?

I also think that your graphics are normal, and not a bug. Khalida and the other PCs are pink and purple in my game too--they just have a palette swap on them to make them stand out. It's pretty obvious after seeing similar things in other SW games. Previous games have had palette swapped NPCs to make them stand out, and allowed you to change the color of your PCs. It's not pretty, but palette swaps aren't a refined tool.

(There's probably a way to turn the characters back to normal, but Dikiyoba doesn't know how offhand.)

You can actually change this pretty easily by going into the scripts. Avadon 2/Avadon 2 Files/Scripts/av2itemschars is the file it's all in. Ctrl-F for the names of the companions and remove all the lines that have cr_graphic_coloradj in them.

Pallette swaps are an ancient and revered tool of SW games, but I really do have to question using the purple and green one. :p

You can actually change this pretty easily by going into the scripts. Avadon 2/Avadon 2 Files/Scripts/av2itemschars is the file it's all in. Ctrl-F for the names of the companions and remove all the lines that have cr_graphic_coloradj in them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :) It worked perfectly and now I can really start to enjoy the game. BTW, did I say thank you? :)

Pallette swaps are an ancient and revered tool of SW games, but I really do have to question using the purple and green one. :p

What do the other numbers do? Can I make Alcander blue by making it a different number?

What do the other numbers do? Can I make Alcander blue by making it a different number?

Yep! I don't think anyone's compiled a big list of all the possible colour adjustments, but it probably still works roughly the same way as in Blades of Avernum, so you could dig around in that game's scenario editor documentation if you were determined enough.