I wish there was an easy way to have dialogue with multiple NPCs at once

Blades of Avernum Blades of Avernum Editor Dialogue Engine Limitations Things nobody cares about

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic
Enraged Slith Enraged Slith

Revenge of the Slith

• Member ID: 27
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:53 PM #1 I wish there was an easy way to have dialogue with multiple NPCs at once

Like a system where you could display their picture so you could indicate who was speaking without specifically mentioning it in writing. :(

Edited by Nikki., 20 October 2013 - 04:39 PM.
Edited tags

Ishad Nha Ishad Nha

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,773
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:22 PM #2 I wish there was an easy way to have dialogue with multiple NPCs at once

I imagine the picture is chosen as soon as conversation starts, if you can stop and then restart the conversation this might work:
You can run a talk node from a scenario script, that is how I made my BoA Identify spell work. Said spell is found at The Lyceum.
// Identify spell
beginstate 62;
(a whole lot of spell point and Priest level stuff omitted) {
print_str_color("You call upon higher powers for insight.",2);
begin_talk_mode(190);
}
break;

If you can run a scenario script state from a dialog node code segment, you would have a closed loop. You would be setting flags in the code segment of your dialog nodes to change the number in "begin_talk_mode(###);".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blades of Avernum, Blades of Avernum Editor, Dialogue, Engine Limitations, Things nobody cares about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users