Blades of Nethergate - How it could be done
Stuff that occurs in BoA but not N:R would need to be cut out:
Variable Town Entry, Item Placement Shortcuts, Scenario Intro text, Scenario Boat/Horse records, Hidden Towns...
Instead of Bas files, Blades of Nethergate would have Celt Data.dat, Roman Data.dat and Shared Data.dat files. Outdoor.dat may not be needed for all I know, it does nothing?
Alint would need to be updated for the Nethergate world, that would be straightforward as there are no more than eight new calls.
Data folders: these are the Celt Data, Outdoor Data, Roman Data and Shared Data folders.
Objects: these are floor, terrain, creature or item types.
Celt/Roman towns: each town has one version for a Celt party and another for a Roman party.
Shared towns: these towns occur in the Shared Data folder, there is only one version of each town.
(1) There is a Blades of Nethergate Scenarios folder, found at:
C:\Program Files\Spiderweb Software\Nethergate\Nethergate Res\Blades of Nethergate Scenarios
(2) All scenarios are stored in scenario folders which are sub-folders of the above.
(3) There is one scenario per scenario folder.
(4) Each scenario folder contains three Data folders: Celt Data, Roman Data and Shared Data.
Outdoor Data may contain the outdoor fight "towns". It seems that "fl_out_fight_town_used" or "te_out_fight_town_used" is simply 1,000 + the town number in Outdoor Data.dat
If there are any custom graphics, they are found in the scenario folder.
Ditto if there are custom objects (floor, terrain, creature or item) the altered corescendata.txt or corescendata2.txt files are found here.
(5) To be played, a scenario must be installed, only one can be installed at a time.
(6) When a scenario is installed:
[a] Existing custom graphics are deleted. They can have distinctive numbers.
If there are any custom graphics, they are copied to C:\Program Files\Spiderweb Software\Nethergate\Nethergate Res\Data.
[b] Existing core scenario data scripts are deleted.
If there are custom objects (floor, terrain, creature or item), the altered corescendata.txt and/or corescendata2.txt files are copied to the same folder.
If there are no custom objects, default scenario data scripts are copied in from a storage folder. Said default scripts would be permamently stored someplace.
[c] Existing Data Folders are deleted. New folders are copied in from the scenario folder of the newly installed scenario.
(7) A scenario may not have distinctly Celt or Roman versions, in which case the Celt Data and Roman Data folders would both be empty.
It is quite easy to convert BoA scenarios to the Nethergate: Resurrection game. You only need to alter the scenario header. Also:
(1) remove any instances of the call "set_creature_type_level"
(2) there are currently no graphics for PCs riding horses.
(3) using boats outdoors may not work, if you leave the boat it may return to its town of origin.
Instead of a scenario data script you would alter the core data scripts directly.
Edited by Ishad Nha, 10 October 2013 - 01:18 AM.