Android port of Avadon 2 possible?

regomar

The short answer is that the Android porting process was a huge pain fraught with bugs and incompatibilities on different hardware, and sales numbers on Android didn't justify the tech support hassles and the hit to Spiderweb's reputation. Jeff Vogel has said he'll only port to Android again if an organisation he trusted offered to do it for him free of charge, pretty much.

The short answer is that the Android porting process was a huge pain fraught with bugs and incompatibilities on different hardware, and sales numbers on Android didn't justify the tech support hassles and the hit to Spiderweb's reputation. Jeff Vogel has said he'll only port to Android again if an organisation he trusted offered to do it for him free of charge, pretty much.

Well that is sincerely disappointing. Thanks for the info I guess... I had no issues whatsoever with either game on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Oh well, I guess there's always PC, but having them portable was such a delight.

The problem with Android tablets versus iPad is that there are several different screen sizes and resolutions. In order to make the game easily visible the porting team has to make different size graphics to use instead of the one size fits all of the other versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...