Geneforge 3 Let's Play!

Chessrook44

I finished the game as a solo Missile Guardian. It was on Normal difficulty and I joined the Rebels. Nuff said...

I'm actually surprised there's been so few comments in this thread compared to the last two. Are you not entertained, or just nothing to say?

Geneforge 3 is generally seen as the weakest entry in the series. This might be why there is a lack of comments. IMHO it is a good game, but it sadly lacks lots of things that made its predecessors and successors great.

Yeah this game might be considered the weakest entry but chessrook44 makes it really funny to watch with all his voices for the characters XD

I'm actually doing a new game of geneforge 3 with my shaper. It is very different then the let's play with a guardian though ;)

That purification plant core had a few treasures, but not a whole lot of interest (and nothing spectacular)

I'm glad my voices have been entertaining everyone. It is part of the point after all!

As for this game being considered the weakest... I can see why, since it is a very binary story without much choice between. But at the same time there's things about it that also make it interesting, most notably Alwan and Greta. Having them, and letting them input their opinions and such, is very nice. And I also consider G3 to be the end of the prologue. Let me explain...

In my opinion, the first three games constitute a world-building prologue to the War that consumes G4 and G5, as they each show off different things. G1 introduces you to the creations and the serviles, and lets you see the shapers as they were 2 centuries ago. Thus you see one side of the war. G2 has you take place in a shaper-run and mostly-shaper location, where you see all Shapers everywhere, everything they do now, and so forth. G3, meanwhile, shows the as-yet-unseen third side... Joe Shmo and Jane Doe. The regular people. You finally see how the average guy under shaper rule lives, and what they're like, also letting you see why they would or wouldn't join the Shapers in the war to come. The three games also slowly build up the reasonings behind the war... the Geneforge and independent serviles in 1, the gathering of power and formation of Drakons in 2, and Litalia's assisting the Drakons in gaining power and support for the war in 3. All three games are setup, and come 4 and 5, the war breaks out in full.

Anyway, here's the next video. SO sorry it took so long to post here but YouTube just WOULD NOT cooperate and process my video for ages. Finally got it done.

[media]

[/media]

Oh those serviles... By the time I got to them I had a Battle Alpha, a cryoa, and an artilla besides Alwan and Greta. The battle alpha was still pretty new though so it was only the base one with points in intelligence so I could control it. I feel it was a bit easier as a shaper since I had more spare essence for healing spells which I had to cast alot....

Also that bracelet test in the testing grounds give a rather interesting reward, though granted I didn't complete it until I had a rogthorth (that how it's spelt?).

Also I completed it as a shaper without using a single canister, training is expensive..... I'd love to see how your ending turns out differently from mine :)

Note that although you are sure to lose Alwan or Greta at this point, you are NOT locked into which side you join. Your side for the endgame is not set until you click the boat to leave leave Gull Island and go Isle of Spears, and the single factor that determines your side is

whether or not you've killed Khyryk. You can play the game totally pro-shaper but if you go kill Khyryk before you click the boat to Isle of Spears, you'll be considered a rebel at that point for the endgame.

I'm not sure, but it might be possible to lock in your status earlier, at least as a rebel. I think, but never confirmed, whether killing Greiner or helping the creator on Dhonal's Isle might lock you in as a rebel.

I also wonder whether you could possibly turn rebel at this point, after losing Greta, and then go back and find her again? Or is she gone for good, even you now join the rebels? Ah, the mysteries of Geneforge 3.

Speaking of which...do you remember a pop-up text about finding some bark strips with patterns in them on the body of servile on Harmony Isle? Did you ever find any significance to them? That has always puzzled me.

Huh, When I played through that agent in the crumbling lab didn't attack me. Perhaps it was the effect of that servile speaking for you? Or maybe what you said up until then?

That, or I just used too many cannisters by that point. Or all of the above. If you notice there were several points where Cannister Rage started peeking its head out.

Next, we kill some people we're supposed to be allied with.

Chessrook, I just wanted to let you know I am still watching your Let's Plays, and am enjoying them very much. Thanks, and keep up the good work. Also, I finally made a Youtube channel (probably won't use it much though Lol), and I made you one of my first subscribers.

Keep it up!

~RainbowDashRadical

I know it will probably be a long way off, but are you planning to do Let's Plays after the completion of the Geneforge series?

Probably. I think I'm going to try to do the other Spiderweb Software games. Not sure how I'll work the Avernum series though, what with the remakes in the works.