The Bloodstained Sky: A Virtual Tabletop RPG Campaign

Lilith

taking the extra week of prep time to get back on the log train! here's session 7!

quotes:

Jered: "Wait. Would eating fish be like cannibalism for these people?"

Relian Grimback: "..." I stare, dumbstruck. "Let it never be said that James is a guileful soul."

Leila Rithorn: "Are you aware that the very world is resisting you? The wounds you put in the sky are trying to mend themselves, but you just keep cutting away at it."

Kepling: "She is a madwoman. _He_ is sworn to her. He is the only one. We have come for other reasons."

Sir James: "Be silent, Kepling! Stop undermining me in front of the villain!"

Bekora Tiquo: "So, before His Sir Holiness goes on a rampage, let me explain why the rest of us are here."

get ready for session 8!!

Relian Grimback: "I'm not going to leave James to die here." I comment, glancing out into the other room. "And unfortunately, it looks like he isn't taking the pragmatic way out."

Jered: "Hey! I'm not a murderer! I'm an _accessory_ to murder!"

Sir James: "Huzzah, Kepling! How grand to see you fight without being beaten senseless!"

Bekora Tiquo: "Back in my day we didn't make buildings sturdy like these fools! What if someone needed to escape?" I yell angrily, then swing around and shake my crowbar at the three loyalists, "Move and it's your head, not the wall!"

Kepling: "If I could create lava titans, I would have come here with one."

Leila Rithorn: "Everyone who sided with the rebels might want to come with us. They're not going to be happy when they get in here!"

it's a bird! it's a plane! it's session 9!

Leila Rithorn: "What we need right now is a good fireball. Too bad we don't have any wizards of that persuasion on board."

Jered: "Wait, you're at the wheel. Why are you at the wheel." To Kepling and Bekora: "Why is he at the wheel?"

Relian Grimback: "You wanted proof of what we were saying. That is what we are providing." I say simply. "Because truthfully, I don't think simply engaging it head-on will suffice, no matter how many warriors are brought to bear against it."

Sir James: "Oh, you speak true. Forgive me, I had a dream about being chased at sea today and I was unsure which parts were real."

Bekora Tiquo: "Oh, no," I gasp, "Kepling, if you're you right now, if you can hear me, don't do it. I will have to stop you." I ready an arrow and aim at him.

Kepling: "Relax. It's just one more hole in the sky. Can't make that much difference."

and now it's time for session 10!!

Relian Grimback: "Fellows, if Kepling betrayed us, why are we getting back into the boat? We need to buy the ship time to escape!"

Leila Rithorn: "How would you propose we do that, Relian? Glare at them?"

Kepling: "Sweet Imaunte, what am I even gonna do? Pull a sword on you in this rowboat?"

Jered: "Y'know what the worst part is?" I grunt as I row. "James was right about vile sorcery taking over your mind and all that. Thanks a lot, Kepling."

Bekora Tiquo: "I did spend a fair amount of time turning their ship into firewood, also, so I'd really rather not be at the mercy of their crew."

Sir James: "When once we have won through to safety, then we may have more speech on this matter. Until then, none of you will stain your hands with a comrade's blood, AND THAT IS AN ORDER, SQUIRE."

a session 11 approaches!

Kepling: "These people probably have the best idea. Ditch the place, there's nothing we can do about that volcano monster."

Jered: "Oh, no. Are we really going back up Ounolokisha? Please no."

Sir James: "A purpose? Port Jynt and all Eressos is still threatened by the titan! I will plunge Mambrino deep into its heart, or if it lacks a heart, some other organ on which it relies!" I draw my sword and wave it around dramatically.

Leila Rithorn: "The time may be rapidly approaching where you must decide which of your loyalties are more important than the others, Sir James."

Bekora Tiquo: "We need to do something to stop this before it gets too far. We can't have a ballad on our hands."

Relian Grimback: "Just as bad? All of this damage is being caused by a lone messenger of Ammat-Xan. If a single messenger can do this, imagine what Ammat-Xan herself is capable of."

here comes session 12! almost caught up now!

Jered: "Oh, learn to live a little. I wouldn't mind a hike through woods that aren't covered in lava."

Sir James: "To the council of sages! Ya!" I urge Baillie on, then rein him in and turn back. "Pray tell, good man, which way are the council of sages?"

Leila Rithorn: I hesitate for a moment. "Is this really necessary? Do you really need to know about me in order to live with yourself?"

Bekora Tiquo: "Really? Let's just stop to dig a hole next to the den of poisonous vipers?"

Relian Grimback: "I do possess a wombat. They are mostly adept at digging burrows, but I imagine a grave would not be difficult."

Kepling: "This sounds like this big tree we're going to is definitely going to try and kill us."

with session 13, the logs are officially up to date!

Relian Grimback: "...so I'd put decent odds on the wise tree having eaten our quarry at this point."

Jered: "I've never fought a mushroom before. Eaten, sure. But what do I aim at?"

Bekora Tiquo: "What? We aren't here to defile anything, you ass!"

Sir James: "My heart soars to see you unhurt, my Lady. Now, pray tell, do you know a word that rhymes with 'fungus'?"

Kepling: "You and Relian are gonna have all kinds of experience with weird wounds when this is all over."

Leila Rithorn: "As amusing as Sir James' plan sounds, the people we are seeking help from would likely not appreciate us burning down their forest."

I know it's not much notice, but I've been waiting on a couple of calls that I'll have to take if they come in this evening. One's a call regarding the condition of a friend who was recently hospitalized, and the other's a business call which just cropped up. Both should have already happened, but the latter caller is infamous for running behind on things. The former is... kind of a bad omen. Point is, I'll have to drop out of the session if either of those calls come in.

Hey folks, I haven't been posting updates to my character sheet in the thread. Lemme make it up to y'all

Sir James the Rose

Dwarf

Chivalrous Cavalier

XP: 29

Wounds: 0

Fatigue: 0

Agility: d8

Smarts: d4

Spirit: d8

Strength: d8

Vigor: d8

Fighting: d8

Riding: d8

Persuasion: d8

Streetwise: d4

Shooting: d8

Boating: d6

Swimming: d6

Parry: 8 (2 base, 4 fighting, 2 equipment). +1 when wielding rapier.

Toughness: 9 (7 base, 2 armour, +2 vs missiles)

Charisma: +4

Pace: 5

Edges:

Noble (+2 Charisma, steady income, but obligations to a lord)

Knight (+2 Charisma, free gear, but more obligations to a different lord)

Elan (+2 to result when spending a Bennie)

Brawny (+1 Toughness, can carry more weight without encumberance)

Beast Bond (Can spend Bennies on any animal under his command)

Hindrances:

Code of Honour

Delusional

Loyal

Gear:

Warhorse (with barding)

Lance

Rapier

Bow

Chain hauberk

Large shield (Roseate Escutcheon), gives Command and Arcane Fire Resistance edges.

+ Trademark Weapon (Braidvine Bow)

Jered

Human

Insolent Hunter

XP: 30

Smarts: d8

Spirit: d6

Strength: d6

Vigor: d6

Shooting: d10

Stealth: d8

Survival: d8

Tracking: d8

Healing: d8

Notice: d6

Climbing: d4

Fighting: d4

Parry: 4

Toughness: 6 (5 base, 1 armour)

Charisma: -2 (+0 vs humans)

Pace: 6

Edges:

Woodsman

Alertness

Marksman

Double Shot

Trademark Weapon (Braidvine Bow)

Hindrances:

Curious

Illiterate

Outsider

Gear:

Dagger

Braidvine Bow

Leather armour

Quiver

Barbed arrows (20)

20 yards of rope

3 silver coins (?)

Braidvine Bow:

This bow -- stave and string -- is made from living braidvine, a hardy vine that grows in woven "cables". It functions as a regular bow (page 54) and is a minor artifact with two powers (arcane 1d8e, 10 PP).

Entangle

The wielder can pull a cordon off the bowstave and fire it at a target or group of targets within 12"/24"/48", rolling arcane versus Agility with a penalty of 0/-2/-4. On a success, the target is wrapped up in braidvine cables. It takes a -2 penalty to Pace and skills linked to Agility and Strength. On a raise, the target is completely bound and rooted to the ground. It cannot move or use skills linked to Agility or Strength.

Each following round, a target may make a Strength or Agility roll to break free. Other characters may attempt to free a target by making a Strength roll at -2.

This power entangles a single target for 2 PP. Instead of affecting a single target, the cordon may be fired at the ground and affect everyone in a Medium Burst for 4 PP.

(This is the Entangle power, page 113).

Vine Bridge

The wielder can pull a cordon off the bowstave and fire it to create, on a successful arcane roll, a network of vines over a given area. The network extends 12"/24"/48" when taking a penalty of 0/-2/-4 to the roll. This can create a makeshift ladder on a cliff face, or a narrow bridge rooted on both edges of a chasm. The vines can support one armoured humanoid at a time, moving at a Pace of half their Strength die. Using this power cost 3 PP.

Backstory/Personality:

A lanky human barely out of his teens, Jered is a hunter who spends his time wandering the uncivilized patches of Eressos searching for game. His visits to Port Jynt and the island's other villages for trade are brief. The townsfolk view him with disdain and suspicion. He's not only a human, but a boorish, uncivilized one at that. For his part, Jered has little regard for the niceties of society, and is more than happy to trade the narrow streets for the wide open sky.

Those willing to put up with him find him frank and carefree, albeit rash. But his insatiable wanderlust means he's never among company for long. It would have to take some momentous event for that to change.

+1 Spellcasting. The modified Shadowstep power is also new.

Name: Leila Rithorn

Race: Elf Female

Power Points: 15/15

Experience: 30

Agility: d6

Fighting: d4

Riding: d6

Stealth: d4

Smarts: d8

Spellcasting: d10

Notice: d6

Investigation: d6

Knowledge (Arcane): d8

Strength: d4

Vigor: d6

Pace: 6''

Parry: 6

Toughness: 5

Charisma: 2

Hindrances:

Cautious (Minor)

Quirk (Minor)

Wanted (Major)

Edges:

Arcane Background (Magic)

New Power (Spectral Servant/Shadow Bolt)

New Power (Grave Speak)

Power Points

Necromancer: May cast the Zombie power at Novice rank, reduces the PP cost of the Zombie power by 1, may double the cost to increase the duration (2d6 hours, 2d6 days with a raise, permanent with two raises). May never have more permanent undead than twice one’s spirit die.

Attractive: +2 Charisma

Powers:

Rend Life (bolt w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 2

Range: 12/24/48

Duration: Instant

The caster gestures toward the target and a part of their life-force is ripped away. This deals 3d6 damage and has AP 4. This spell is indirect and cannot miss if successfully cast or benefit from called shots, but the damage is halved if it fails to reach or exceed the TN. If the damage from this spell would incapacitate the victim, instead of rolling on the injury table the victim’s Vigor die is reduced by a die type (to a minimum of d4). The effect of this spell cannot be perceived except through magical means and has no effect against non-living targets (undead, constructs, etc.).

Shadow Bolt (bolt w/ dark trappings)

PP: 1

Range: 12/24/48

A small bolt of elemental darkness flies from the caster’s hand. Upon impact, it deals 2d4+1 damage and envelopes the target in a cloud of darkness, giving a -2 penalty to the target’s sight-based skill rolls (Notice, Fighting, Shooting, etc, assuming the target uses sight to perform these tasks) on their next action. Up to three bolts can be fired at once at 1PP each, or one bolt can be fired that inflicts an additional d4 damage for 2PP.

Deathly Presence (fear w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 2

Range: Smarts x 2

The chilling terror that mortals feel when in the presence of ghosts can be recreated and directed by necromancers. With just a few small, subtle pulses of necromantic energy, they can instill great dread in others. Everyone in a large burst template must make a Fear check, at -2 if the caster got a raise. The spell is also imperceptible except through magical means.

Animate Dead (zombie w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 2/corpse

Range: Smarts

Duration: 1 hour, 1d6 hours with a raise, 1 day with two (Spending double PP makes it 2d6 hours, 2d6 days with a raise, permanent with two)

Though a few gestures and some chanting, a necromancer can imbue a corpse with unnatural life. The resulting undead is bound to serve its creator for as long as it exists.

Spectral Servant (zombie w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 3/spirit

Duration: 1 hour, 1d6 hours with a raise, 1 day with two (Spending double PP makes it 2d6 hours, 2d6 days with a raise, permanent with two)

This spell calls a minor ghost to appear and binds it to serve the caster for the duration of the spell. The resulting spirit is an ethereal creature capable of limited interaction with the physical world (move small objects, turn door handles, etc.). It remembers little to nothing of its former life. Once the spell expires the spirit is sent back to where it came from.

Grave Speak

PP: 4

Range: Touch

Duration: 3 (1/round)

This spell allows the caster to contact a departed soul. To do this, the spell must be directed at a particular soul and the caster must either know the name of the deceased or have access to a personal item (part of their corpse, a treasured item, etc.). If the spell succeeds, a ghostly voice makes itself known and may be questioned. One question may be asked for each round the spell is active. The spirit is not necessarily friendly and may lie, but it cannot refuse to answer or make guesses. The spirit only knows whatever it knew in life.

Shadowstep (Burrow w/ dark trappings)

PP: 3

Range: Smarts x 2

Duration: 3 (2/round)

The caster steps into the shadows and vanishes. While merged in this way, they are able to transport themselves to any area covered by darkness within range as a movement action. They may step out of the shadows at their current location as a free action – making a Stealth roll opposed by the opponent’s Notice if attempting to ambush someone. On a raise, this gives the benefits of the Drop (+4 attack and damage), and gives half the benefits for a success. The spell requires shadows of at least human size to work, and if the shadow currently being used ceases to exist, the caster (and anyone else in it) instantly reappears and the spell expires. The spell can affect up to five targets, at 1 PP per target beyond the first.

30th works for me. I would've responded sooner, but I've been under the impression that the forums had been down the past couple days.

(As it turns out, at some point during some recent web browser switching, I wound up with an old bookmark to the UBB.threads forums brought to fore, rather than the IPB forums. I had been clicking on the wrong bookmark the entire time. Oops.)

Advance to come shortly is here. It's just two ranks of Knowledge: Arcana, since he's been around a lot of weird magical effects as of late.

RELIAN GRIMBACK - Seasoned Human Druid

AGILITY d4: Fighting d6

SMARTS d8: Spellcasting d12, Knowledge (Wilderness) d8, Knowledge (Arcana) d6, Notice d6, Survival d6, Tracking d6, Healing d4

STRENGTH d6: [none]

SPIRIT d8: Persuasion d4

VIGOR d6: [none]

DERIVED: Pace 6, Parry 6 (5 + 1 Weapon), Toughness 7 (5 + 2 Armor [1 vs Improved Hits]), Charisma 0

HINDRANCES: Curious (Major), All Thumbs (Minor), Loyal (Minor)

BACKGROUND EDGES: Arcane Background (Magic)

POWER EDGES: Power Points, Power Points, New Power (Nature's Guardian)

WEIRD EDGES: Beast Master, Healer

==== POWERS ====

•SUNRAY (Bolt w/ Light & Solar Trappings) [1pp; 12/24/48Rng] - A highly-concentrated and accurate beam of sunlight which can sear through weak-points in a target's armor. Does 2d4 damage per each ray (up to three), or can fire a maximized ray that does 3d4 for 2pp. All rays have AP4.

•RAPID REPOSE (Healing w/ Biological Trapping) [3pp] - Kicks the target's natural healing processes into overdrive, causing it to naturally rebuild lost or damaged tissue and purge toxins within seconds. Heals 1 wound on success, and an additional wound with a raise.

•YARREN'S BATSIGHT (Darksight w/ Biological & Sound Trappings) [1pp/1hr] - Greatly enhances the recipient's hearing and grants them a form of echolocation not unlike that of a bat. In addition to normal effects of Darksight, it also provides a +1 bonus to hearing-based Notice rolls (+3 with a raise). However, sonic and sound-based attacks and hazards get a +2 bonus against the recipient as well.

•VITAESHIFT (Boost/Lower Trait w/ Life Trapping) [2pp; 8Rng] - Altering and shifting the flow of life energy in a target, the caster can choose to either concentrate life energy in certain areas of the target's body to enhance a certain trait, or bleed life energy from those same areas to decay a specific trait. Increases or reduces a trait one die size (two with a raise) for 3 rounds, before the target's body restores its internal balance. Multiple targets can be selected, at a cost of 1pp per additional target (maximum 5 targets). Reducing an opponent's trait elicits an opposed spirit roll by the target.

•NATURE'S GUARDIAN (Summon Ally w/ Nature Trapping) [4+pp] - A variant of Summon Ally. Draws upon the power of nature and forms it into the shape of a natural ally or allies. The creature(s) must be a natural animal (no elementals, undead, constructs, etc.), and it must be summoned into a reasonably compatible environment (artificial evironments such as buildings or heavily populated cities do not count as an environment for the purposes of this spell). In addition, the creature(s) will not follow the caster into an incompatible environment, and if its duration elapses, cannot be maintained if it is out of range. The creature(s) lasts for 1 minute (and can be maintained for an additional minute per 1 power point). With one raise, it gains the Hardy creature trait OR increases its duration to 1 hour (plus 1 hour per 2 power points). With two raises, it gains both.

•SYMBIOSIS [2pp; Touch] - Transfers life energy from one target to another, enabling one to take on the wounding of another. On a success, removes one wound from a target, and causes the other to gain one level of fatigue. On a raise, this increases to two wounds for one level of fatigue. This healing functions outside the Golden Hour.

Fighting d10

Sir James the Rose

Dwarf

Chivalrous Cavalier

XP: 30

Smarts: d4

Strength: d8

Vigor: d8

Fighting: d10

Streetwise: d4

Boating: d6

Parry: 9 (2 base, 4 fighting, 2 equipment). +1 when wielding rapier.

Toughness: 9 (7 base, 2 armour, +2 vs missiles)

Charisma: +4

Pace: 5

Edges:

Noble (+2 Charisma, steady income, but obligations to a lord)

Knight (+2 Charisma, free gear, but more obligations to a different lord)

Elan (+2 to result when spending a Bennie)

Brawny (+1 Toughness, can carry more weight without encumberance)

Beast Bond (Can spend Bennies on any animal under his command)

Hindrances:

Code of Honour

Delusional

Loyal

Gear:

Warhorse (with barding)

Lance

Rapier

Bow

Chain hauberk

Large shield (Roseate Escutcheon), gives Command and Arcane Fire Resistance edges.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to do this to you all at such short notice, but I've been tired and feverish since last night and it doesn't look like I'm going to shake it by tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to run a session to a standard of quality I'm happy with. Can we reschedule to this time next week, Wednesday May 7th?

i uh guess i should post this sorry

Bekora Tiquo Human Mechanic

XP: 30 (Advancement 6)

Power Points: 10/10

[spoileralt=Skills and Derivatives]

Smarts: d10

Spirit: d4

Strength: d4

Vigor: d4

Investigation: d10

Knowledge (Engineering): d10

Knowledge (Geography): d8

Notice: d8

Repair: d10

Spellcasting: d10

Streetwise: d6

Parry: 2

Toughness: 4

Charisma: +0

Pace: 6

Arcane Background (Magic): 10 PP, 3 powers

MacGyver: May improvise temporary gadgets

Scholar: +2 to two different Knowledge skills

Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to -1

Gadgeteer: Once per session, can create Weird Science object from spare parts

Machine Empathy: Can touch structure or mechanical device to get flash of insight into creator's intentions. +2 bonus to all Repair or Knowledge (Engineering) with device. Once per session, may hold a device and learn something about creator (draw card, Signs and Portents in Horror Companion)

Ageless: All negative effects of Elderly nullified. No need to sleep, can make natural healing rolls (1 p/d), receive +2 Vigor rolls to hunger/thirst/env rolls.

Elderly: Pace –1, –1 to Strength and Vigor die types; +5 skill points for any skill linked to Smarts

Loyal: Bekora tries to never betray or disappoint her friends

Stubborn: Bekora always wants her way

Parasited: Bekora is host to an Ammat-Xan parasite, and may have to roll Spirit to avoid Compulsions.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Gear]

Horse

Crowbar

Hammer

20 yards of rope

Iron spikes (10)

Shortbow

Quiver

Barbed arrows (20)

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Spells]

[spoileralt=Chain Lightning (custom power, based loosely on Bolt)]

Power Points: 3

Range: 12/24/48 (+special)

Trappings: Electrical arc

An electric current originates from the caster and passes through a series of enemies. A normal success hits two targets, which must be within 4 units of each other; each raise adds another target, which must be within 4 units of the previous target. All targets take 2d6 damage, and Chain Lightning ignores up to 2 points of Armour.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Forcecage (based on Damage Field)]

Power Points: 4

Range: Touch

Duration: 3 (2 PP/round maintenance after duration expires)

Trappings: Electrical field

An electric field envelops the target, dealing 2d6 (2d8 with raise) damage (2 AP) to anyone who contacts them in close combat. If the target attacks unarmed, add Str+2d6 (Str+2d8 with raise) damage (2 AP). Target can also touch (+2 Fighting) to do 2d6/2d8 damage (2 AP). Grappled opponents take field damage every attacker's round. If target becomes very wet (as in heavy rain or having a bucket thrown on them) field will short out, disappear, and deal 2d6 (2d8 with raise) damage (2 AP) to target.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Summon Elemental (Summon Ally)]

Power Points: 3+

Duration: 3 (1 PP/round maintenance after duration expires)

Trappings: Creates an elemental servant under the control of the caster.

[spoileralt=Lightning Spirit (Seasoned-rank lightning elemental)]

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Pace: 8, Parry: 7, Toughness: 5

Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning spirit normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning spirit can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage with 1 point of armour piercing. Anything that strikes the spirit with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Capacitance: The lightning spirit is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Chain Lightning: With a successful Shooting roll, the lightning spirit can launch a ranged attack equivalent to the Chain Lightning spell.[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Lightning Wisp (Novice Rank lightning elemental)]

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d4

Pace: 10, Parry: 6(+2), Toughness: 4

Skills: Fighting d8

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning wisp normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning wisp can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage. Anything that strikes the wisp with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Hover: The lightning wisp levitates several feet above surfaces and is therefore unaffected by most terrain. It can also hover across any gap that it can cover in a single turn's movement.

Capacitance: The lightning wisp is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Small (Size -2): The lightning wisp is a pulsating orb that grows no more than one foot in diameter. All attacks against it suffer a -2 penalty, giving it an effective Parry of 8 against melee attacks and meaning that missile attacks must roll a 6 or better to hit at short range.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Charge (Smite, modified with increased range and PP cost)]

Power Points: 3 per target

Duration: 3 (1 PP/round maintenance after duration expires)

Trappings: Charges a weapon with electricity

Increases the target weapon's damage by +2, or +4 with a raise. May affect up to five targets.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make tonight's session. Basically, some unexpected visitors decided to show up, which pretty much nixes me being able to devote any reasonable time to the internet this evening. :(

Just put Relian on healbot duties (if necessary). I don't want to cause any further delays for the rest of the group.

• 3 weeks later...

Should we use this thread to plan our destination for the next session? That way Lilith doesn't have to waste time with unnecessary planning.

The possibilities we considered after last session were Port Jynt, Eolith (or some other place that might have info on Lentoir), or start searching for Lentoir immediately. Revisiting Wireld, Oelis, or Elpis are also possibilities, though not necessarily safe ones.

I think heading to Port Jynt first and then deciding from there is our best bet, but I don't feel too strongly about that. As far as I know we don't need to check in with them?

(Or we could just wait until next session and have Lilith throw us an obvious hook at the beginning. :p )

Here's how I see the possibilities:

Going back to Port Jynt: We already have the aid of the druids of Halitarn, and they have a plan to bury the lava titan. That's still a viable plan even without the help of Oelis, though it is likely to cause more damage to Eressos and the surrounding islands (via tidal waves). But hey, desperate times and all. Plus this would give us the possibility of asking more about Lentoir and any other places we should go that we don't know about yet. This seems like a pretty solid course of action.

Go looking for Lentoir: The big problem here is that we only have a vague idea of where it is, in the south. That's a lot of ground to cover. It might take us a few days, or a few weeks, or a few months, or... you get the idea. Meanwhile things on Eressos are only going to get worse. It was mentioned that we had a 5 month period before Port Jynt's economy was unsalvageable, so it's not like we have an infinite amount of time for a search. On the upshot, between Leila's new toy and Jered's insane notice skill, we should be able to do some pretty effective aerial recon. If we can get a better idea of where the island is, we could find it pretty fast. To me, this sounds like it will be a pretty solid plan as soon as we get some better intelligence, but not before.

Going back to Oelis: This could either be really bad or really good, depending on how we handle it. We haven't done their economy any favors with the scuttling of Leia's Wings (however much it might help with their marked sky, they're not going to care), and they're not going to thank us for that. However, we now know that they have a Big Bad Monster that needs dealing with, the Lamia. Helping them with that may go a long way toward getting their help with our lava titan. Their mages might be able to mitigate the damage of the druids' plan (which was the whole reason we were there in the first place. Ho boy, did we get sidetracked). Of course, this assumes we can get a word-in-edgewise before they throw us in jail for theft.

Eolith: I thought that was just a joke. Eolith is pretty far out of our way right now, nearly on the other side of the world map. Going there at some point might be a good idea, but doing that before finishing the LT would probably burn too much of our time. If we're just looking for info on Lentoir, I'm more inclined to check out the towns on the southern half of Halitarn first (thank you for that updated map, Dinti), or some other place with lots of knowledge that's much closer than Eolith is.

So I think my vote right now is for Port Jynt, but I’m willing to give Oelis another go if someone else is.

Going back to Oelis: This could either be really bad or really good, depending on how we handle it. We haven't done their economy any favors with the scuttling of Leia's Wings (however much it might help with their marked sky, they're not going to care), and they're not going to thank us for that. However, we now know that they have a Big Bad Monster that needs dealing with, the Lamia. Helping them with that may go a long way toward getting their help with our lava titan. Their mages might be able to mitigate the damage of the druids' plan (which was the whole reason we were there in the first place. Ho boy, did we get sidetracked). Of course, this assumes we can get a word-in-edgewise before they throw us in jail for theft.

It's worth noting that Oelis is on the way to Port Jynt, so checking in to see if they want our help won't take us out of our way. It's also worth noting that, if we get a fast ship, news of what we did after Liea's Wings took off won't reach them before we arrive, so at worst they'll know that we badgered our way aboard and name-dropped Wireld in the process. Given this, I vote for giving Oelis another try.

It's worth noting that Oelis is on the way to Port Jynt, so checking in to see if they want our help won't take us out of our way. It's also worth noting that, if we get a fast ship, news of what we did after Liea's Wings took off won't reach them before we arrive, so at worst they'll know that we badgered our way aboard and name-dropped Wireld in the process. Given this, I vote for giving Oelis another try.

Keep in mind that between the time it took Leila to call for your ship and the time it took for it to arrive, you've already been waiting around in Neor for over a week.