The Bloodstained Sky: A Virtual Tabletop RPG Campaign

Lilith

Relian gets an advance! And a lifetime's supply of power points!

RELIAN GRIMBACK - Seasoned Human Druid

AGILITY d4: Fighting d6

SMARTS d8: Spellcasting d12, Knowledge (Wilderness) d8, Notice d6, Survival d6, Tracking d6, Healing d4

STRENGTH d6: [none]

SPIRIT d8: Persuasion d4

VIGOR d6: [none]

DERIVED: Pace 6, Parry 6 (5 + 1 Weapon), Toughness 7 (5 + 2 Armor [1 vs Improved Hits]), Charisma 0

HINDRANCES: Curious (Major), All Thumbs (Minor), Loyal (Minor)

BACKGROUND EDGES: Arcane Background (Magic)

POWER EDGES: Power Points, Power Points

WEIRD EDGES: Beast Master, Healer

==== POWERS ====

•SUNRAY (Bolt w/ Light & Solar Trappings) [1pp; 12/24/48Rng] - A highly-concentrated and accurate beam of sunlight which can sear through weak-points in a target's armor. Does 2d4 damage per each ray (up to three), or can fire a maximized ray that does 3d4 for 2pp. All rays have AP4.

•RAPID REPOSE (Healing w/ Biological Trapping) [3pp] - Kicks the target's natural healing processes into overdrive, causing it to naturally rebuild lost or damaged tissue and purge toxins within seconds. Heals 1 wound on success, and an additional wound with a raise.

•YARREN'S BATSIGHT (Darksight w/ Biological & Sound Trappings) [1pp/1hr] - Greatly enhances the recipient's hearing and grants them a form of echolocation not unlike that of a bat. In addition to normal effects of Darksight, it also provides a +1 bonus to hearing-based Notice rolls (+3 with a raise). However, sonic and sound-based attacks and hazards get a +2 bonus against the recipient as well.

•VITAESHIFT (Boost/Lower Trait w/ Life Trapping) [2pp; 8Rng] - Altering and shifting the flow of life energy in a target, the caster can choose to either concentrate life energy in certain areas of the target's body to enhance a certain trait, or bleed life energy from those same areas to decay a specific trait. Increases or reduces a trait one die size (two with a raise) for 3 rounds, before the target's body restores its internal balance. Multiple targets can be selected, at a cost of 1pp per additional target (maximum 5 targets). Reducing an opponent's trait elicits an opposed spirit roll by the target.

Bekora Tiquo Human Mechanic

XP: 20 (Advancement 4)

Wounds: 0

Fatigue: 0

Power Points: 10/10

[spoileralt=Skills and Derivatives]

Agility: d8

Smarts: d10

Spirit: d4

Strength: d4

Vigor: d4

Investigation: d10

Knowledge (Engineering): d10

Knowledge (Geography): d8

Notice: d8

Repair: d10

Riding: d8

Shooting: d8

Spellcasting: d10 (+4)

Streetwise: d6

Parry: 2

Toughness: 4

Charisma: +0

Pace: 5

Arcane Background (Magic): 10 PP, 3 powers

MacGyver: May improvise temporary gadgets

Scholar: +2 to two different Knowledge skills

Steady Hands: Ignore unstable platform penalty; Running penalty reduced to -1

Elderly: Pace –1, –1 to Strength and Vigor die types; +5 skill points for any skill linked to Smarts

Loyal: Bekora tries to never betray or disappoint her friends

Stubborn: Bekora always wants her way

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Gear]

Horse

Crowbar

Hammer

20 yards of rope

Iron spikes (10)

Shortbow

Quiver

Barbed arrows (15)

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Spells]

[spoileralt=Chain Lightning (custom power, based loosely on Bolt)]

Power Points: 3

Range: 12/24/48 (+special)

Duration: Instant

Trappings: Electrical arc

An electric current originates from the caster and passes through a series of enemies. A normal success hits two targets, which must be within 4 units of each other; each raise adds another target, which must be within 4 units of the previous target. All targets take 2d6 damage, and Chain Lightning ignores up to 2 points of Armour.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Summon Elemental (Summon Ally)]

Power Points: 3+

Range: Smarts

Duration: 3 (1 PP/round maintenance after duration expires)

Trappings: Creates an elemental servant under the control of the caster.

[spoileralt=Lightning Wisp (Novice Rank lightning elemental)]

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d4, Vigor d4

Pace: 10, Parry: 6(+2), Toughness: 4

Skills: Fighting d8

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning wisp normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning wisp can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage. Anything that strikes the wisp with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Hover: The lightning wisp levitates several feet above surfaces and is therefore unaffected by most terrain. It can also hover across any gap that it can cover in a single turn's movement.

Capacitance: The lightning wisp is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Small (Size -2): The lightning wisp is a pulsating orb that grows no more than one foot in diameter. All attacks against it suffer a -2 penalty, giving it an effective Parry of 8 against melee attacks and meaning that missile attacks must roll a 6 or better to hit at short range.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Charge (Smite, modified with increased range and PP cost)]

Power Points: 3 per target

Trappings: Charges a weapon with electricity

Increases the target weapon's damage by +2, or +4 with a raise. May affect up to five targets.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

aaaaa i can't hit anything Let's change that.

(Also, I dunno how many arrows I picked up this session, but we might need them all. :p )

(Also also updating my alignment finally, for what little it's worth, since Jered's personality is a bit different from my original concept.)

Jered

Human

Insolent Hunter

XP: 20

Smarts: d8

Spirit: d6

Strength: d6

Vigor: d6

Shooting: d10

Stealth: d8

Survival: d8

Tracking: d8

Healing: d8

Notice: d6

Swimming: d6

Climbing: d4

Fighting: d4

Parry: 4

Toughness: 6 (5 base, 1 armour)

Charisma: -2 (+0 vs humans)

Pace: 6

Edges:

Woodsman

Alertness

Marksman

Hindrances:

Curious

Illiterate

Outsider

Gear:

Dagger

Bow

Leather armour

Quiver

Barbed arrows (13)

20 yards of rope

3 silver coins (?)

Backstory/Personality:

A lanky human barely out of his teens, Jered is a hunter who spends his time wandering the uncivilized patches of Eressos searching for game. His visits to Port Jynt and the island's other villages for trade are brief. The townsfolk view him with disdain and suspicion. He's not only a human, but a boorish, uncivilized one at that. For his part, Jered has little regard for the niceties of society, and is more than happy to trade the narrow streets for the wide open sky.

Those willing to put up with him find him frank and carefree, albeit rash. But his insatiable wanderlust means he's never among company for long. It would have to take some momentous event for that to change.

Yeah, I marked the 29th as free on the calendar, didn't I?

As far as I can see you didn't mark the calendar at all. But anyway, since everyone's free that day the session's officially scheduled for Wednesday January 29th. Unless there are any objections I'll be aiming to start around a half-hour after the usual time to allow a little more leeway for people to get off work and get ready (and because in practice it's what we've been doing anyway).

by the way, now that Bekora's hit Seasoned rank, she's entitled to a new summoning option for Summon Elemental, which should be stronger than the lightning wisp but weaker than the full-fledged elementals in the bestiary. sylae, do you want to design it or should i go ahead and do it?

here we go, i whipped one up for you. the lightning spirit is basically a bigger version of the lightning wisp that's less mobile and easier to hit, but it's tougher, hits harder and has a ranged attack. of course you can still summon lightning wisps if you so choose: in fact, you can now summon two of them at once for the cost of a lightning spirit (4 PP)

Lightning Spirit (Seasoned-rank lightning elemental)

Attributes: Agility d12, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Pace: 8, Parry: 7, Toughness: 5

Skills: Fighting d8, Shooting d6

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning spirit normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning spirit can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage with 1 point of armour piercing. Anything that strikes the spirit with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Capacitance: The lightning spirit is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Chain Lightning: With a successful Shooting roll, the lightning spirit can launch a ranged attack equivalent to the Chain Lightning spell.

Here's my advance. I'm taking the New Power edge to get new trappings for two powers I already have. I've already talked to Lilith about the first, and the second is just a bolt spell with the Darkness (Shroud) trapping from SWD.

Leila Rithorn

Elf, Necromancer

Experience: 20

Agility: d6

Riding: d6

Stealth: d4

Spellcasting: d8

Investigation: d6

Knowledge (Arcane): d8

Spirit: d8

Persuasion: d8

Pace: 6''

Parry: 6

Toughness: 5

Charisma: 2

Hindrances:

Cautious (Minor)

Quirk (Minor)

Wanted (Major)

Edges:

Arcane Background (Magic)

New Power (Spectral Servant/Shadow Bolt)

Power Points

Necromancer

Attractive

Powers:

Rend Life (bolt w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 2

Range: 12/24/48

The caster gestures toward the target and a part of their life-force is ripped away. This deals 3d6 damage and has AP 4. This spell is indirect and cannot miss if successfully cast or benefit from called shots, but the damage is halved if it fails to reach or exceed the TN. If the damage from this spell would incapacitate the victim, instead of rolling on the injury table the victim’s Vigor die is reduced by a die type (to a minimum of d4). The effect of this spell cannot be perceived except through magical means and has no effect against non-living targets (undead, constructs, etc.).

Deathly Presence (fear w/ necromantic trappings)

Range: Smarts x 2

The chilling terror that mortals feel when in the presence of ghosts can be recreated and directed by necromancers. With just a few small, subtle pulses of necromantic energy, they can instill great dread in others. Everyone in a large burst template must make a Fear check, at -2 if the caster got a raise. The spell is also imperceptible except through magical means.

Animate Dead (zombie w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 2/corpse

Duration: 1 hour, 1d6 hours with a raise, 1 day with two (Spending double PP makes it 2d6 hours, 2d6 days with a raise, permanent with two)

Though a few gestures and some chanting, a necromancer can imbue a corpse with unnatural life. The resulting undead is bound to serve its creator for as long as it exists.

Spectral Servant (zombie w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 3/spirit

Duration: 1 hour, 1d6 hours with a raise, 1 day with two (Spending double PP makes it 2d6 hours, 2d6 days with a raise, permanent with two)

This spell calls a minor ghost to appear and binds it to serve the caster for the duration of the spell. The resulting spirit is an ethereal creature capable of limited interaction with the physical world (move small objects, turn door handles, etc.). It remembers little to nothing of its former life. Once the spell expires the spirit is sent back to where it came from.

Shadow Bolt (bolt w/ dark trappings)

PP: 1

A small bolt of elemental darkness flies from the caster’s hand. Upon impact, it deals 2d6 damage and envelopes the target in a cloud of darkness, giving a -1 penalty to the target’s sight-based skill rolls (Notice, Fighting, Shooting, etc, assuming the target uses sight to perform these tasks) on their next action. Up to three bolts can be fired at once at 1PP each, or one bolt can be fired that inflicts an additional d6 damage for 2PP.

Sir James the Rose

Dwarf

Chivalrous Cavalier

XP: 0

Smarts: d4

Strength: d8

Vigor: d8

Fighting: d8

Streetwise: d4

Boating: d6

Parry: 8

Toughness: 9 (7 base, 2 armour, +2 vs missiles)

Charisma: +4

Edges:

Noble

Knight

Elan

Brawny

Hindrances:

Code of Honour

Delusional

Loyal

Gear:

Warhorse (with barding)

Lance

Rapier

Bow

Chain hauberk

Medium shield

i know i'm a few sessions behind on logs but uh here's session 5 at least!

quotes!!

Jered: "You went through that whole meeting without once threatening to bludgeon him with a crowbar! There's hope for you yet."

Bekora Tiquo: "Back in my bloody day we didn't have to talk to idiot cultists about their crazy-ass Xannat-du to get information!"

Jered: "Aaaaand you're back."

Sir James: "Alack! I knew it! Sorcery!" I reach for my sword again, then remember I don't have it, then remember the titan's not here.

Kepling: "You can kill a god. You can match the power of a being whose servants traverse the stars, who grants strange power to its servants, whose worshippers have already spread dangerously far. Are you sure about that?"

Leila Rithorn: I give Iskania a wild-eyed look, made almost comical by the fact that my hair is standing out in all directions. "You fool! This was your grand plan to seize power!?"

Relian Grimback: "Iskania, if I may... I saw how you fought the wisp. I saw how you struggled. You need to ask yourself something, before you make any further attempts; if a mere single wisp was enough to stymie you, how do you propose to stand up to what may be a God of unknown power?"

Iskania: "Oh yes, your kind are big on oaths. Very well, I can come up with something. Hmm. Do you, James, swear to obey me in all things, to place your loyalty to me above all personal gain or desire, to become in body and soul a weapon wielded by Hegemon Iskania and the Dominion of Wireld?"

Sir James: I swallow hard. "I do so swear, my Lady."

aaand here's session 6!

more quotes!!

Jered: "Heh. I wonder how a lobster would hold a pen."

Sir James: "A lobster, squire? What jest is this?"

Jered: "Oh. You didn't talk to the frog."

Sir James: I lean over to Leila and whisper, "Alack, my Lady. At times I fear my squire is a few horsemen short of a company."

Leila Rithorn: "What if the creature these star children worship really is a god? What if it really is trying to bring peace to Mote? Wouldn't that make killing it a horrible act? And would you really want that... that woman in charge after it is gone?"

Relian Grimback: "Giving strange powers to people not equipped to deal with them? Even if these creatures have benign intentions, this can still end in nothing but catastrophe."

Sir James: "Kepling, I fear that there are consequences to this thing you do. We know some higher mind wishes you to do this, and we all suspect it means Mote ill. Whatever the purpose, it must be some vile sorcery that we would do better not to aid."

Kepling: I bristle. "The worldwide lacewing conspiracy is not a cult. It is a respected secular organization."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

XP: 26 (Advancement 5)

Spellcasting: d10

Gadgeteer: Once per session, can create Weird Science object from spare parts

Elderly: Pace –1, –1 to Strength and Vigor die types; +5 skill points for any skill linked to Smarts

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Gear]

Horse

Crowbar

Hammer

20 yards of rope

Iron spikes (10)

Shortbow

Quiver

Barbed arrows (20)

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Spells]

An electric current originates from the caster and passes through a series of enemies. A normal success hits two targets, which must be within 4 units of each other; each raise adds another target, which must be within 4 units of the previous target. All targets take 2d6 damage, and Chain Lightning ignores up to 2 points of Armour.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Lightning Spirit (Seasoned-rank lightning elemental)]

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning spirit normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning spirit can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage with 1 point of armour piercing. Anything that strikes the spirit with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Capacitance: The lightning spirit is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Chain Lightning: With a successful Shooting roll, the lightning spirit can launch a ranged attack equivalent to the Chain Lightning spell.[/spoileralt]

Special Abilities

Elemental: Having no discernible body parts, the lightning wisp normally suffers no additional damage from called shots. It is also immune to fear, intimidation, disease and poison.

Assault and Battery: The lightning wisp can batter itself against enemies to shock them. Treat this as a natural weapon inflicting Str+d4 damage. Anything that strikes the wisp with an unarmed attack, makes a successful grapple attempt, or otherwise touches it with an unprotected body part also automatically takes damage as if struck by this attack.

Hover: The lightning wisp levitates several feet above surfaces and is therefore unaffected by most terrain. It can also hover across any gap that it can cover in a single turn's movement.

Capacitance: The lightning wisp is animated by electrical energy. A very powerful shock can short it out, but lesser currents only energise it. It effectively has Improved Arcane Resistance against electrical attacks (+4 Toughness and +4 bonus to opposed rolls). In addition, any electrical damage that fails to inflict at least a Shaken result on the elemental will cause it to recover from Shaken status if it was already Shaken.

Small (Size -2): The lightning wisp is a pulsating orb that grows no more than one foot in diameter. All attacks against it suffer a -2 penalty, giving it an effective Parry of 8 against melee attacks and meaning that missile attacks must roll a 6 or better to hit at short range.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

Increases the target weapon's damage by +2, or +4 with a raise. May affect up to five targets.

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

Edited by sylae
Dammit

+ Double Shot

Jered

Human

Insolent Hunter

XP: 26

Spirit: d6

Strength: d6

Shooting: d10

Stealth: d8

Survival: d8

Tracking: d8

Healing: d8

Climbing: d4

Parry: 4

Toughness: 6 (5 base, 1 armour)

Charisma: -2 (+0 vs humans)

Pace: 6

Edges:

Woodsman

Alertness

Marksman

Double Shot

Hindrances:

Curious

Illiterate

Outsider

Gear:

Dagger

Bow

Leather armour

Quiver

Barbed arrows (20)

20 yards of rope

3 silver coins (?)

Backstory/Personality:

A lanky human barely out of his teens, Jered is a hunter who spends his time wandering the uncivilized patches of Eressos searching for game. His visits to Port Jynt and the island's other villages for trade are brief. The townsfolk view him with disdain and suspicion. He's not only a human, but a boorish, uncivilized one at that. For his part, Jered has little regard for the niceties of society, and is more than happy to trade the narrow streets for the wide open sky.

Those willing to put up with him find him frank and carefree, albeit rash. But his insatiable wanderlust means he's never among company for long. It would have to take some momentous event for that to change.

Stats:

Name: Leila Rithorn

Race: Elf Female

Power Points: 15/15

Experience: 26

Agility: d6

Riding: d6

Stealth: d4

Spellcasting: d8

Investigation: d6

Knowledge (Arcane): d8

Pace: 6''

Parry: 6

Toughness: 5

Charisma: 2

Hindrances:

Cautious (Minor)

Quirk (Minor)

Wanted (Major)

Edges:

Arcane Background (Magic)

New Power (Spectral Servant/Shadow Bolt)

New Power (Speak With Dead)

Power Points

Necromancer

Attractive

Powers:

Rend Life (bolt w/ necromantic trappings)

The caster gestures toward the target and a part of their life-force is ripped away. This deals 3d6 damage and has AP 4. This spell is indirect and cannot miss if successfully cast or benefit from called shots, but the damage is halved if it fails to reach or exceed the TN. If the damage from this spell would incapacitate the victim, instead of rolling on the injury table the victim’s Vigor die is reduced by a die type (to a minimum of d4). The effect of this spell cannot be perceived except through magical means and has no effect against non-living targets (undead, constructs, etc.).

Deathly Presence (fear w/ necromantic trappings)

Range: Smarts x 2

The chilling terror that mortals feel when in the presence of ghosts can be recreated and directed by necromancers. With just a few small, subtle pulses of necromantic energy, they can instill great dread in others. Everyone in a large burst template must make a Fear check, at -2 if the caster got a raise. The spell is also imperceptible except through magical means.

Animate Dead (zombie w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 2/corpse

Though a few gestures and some chanting, a necromancer can imbue a corpse with unnatural life. The resulting undead is bound to serve its creator for as long as it exists.

Spectral Servant (zombie w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 3/spirit

This spell calls a minor ghost to appear and binds it to serve the caster for the duration of the spell. The resulting spirit is an ethereal creature capable of limited interaction with the physical world (move small objects, turn door handles, etc.). It remembers little to nothing of its former life. Once the spell expires the spirit is sent back to where it came from.

Shadow Bolt (bolt w/ dark trappings)

PP: 1

A small bolt of elemental darkness flies from the caster’s hand. Upon impact, it deals 2d6 damage and envelopes the target in a cloud of darkness, giving a -1 penalty to the target’s sight-based skill rolls (Notice, Fighting, Shooting, etc, assuming the target uses sight to perform these tasks) on their next action. Up to three bolts can be fired at once at 1PP each, or one bolt can be fired that inflicts an additional d6 damage for 2PP.

Speak with Dead (mind reading w/ necromantic trappings)

PP: 3

Duration: 1

You temporarily imbue a corpse with the semblance of life and force it to answer a single question. The corpse is limited to whatever it knew in life, and its answers tend to be brief and cryptic, but it doesn’t lie. If you get a raise then you can cast the spell again if you wish to ask another question, otherwise the corpse becomes immune to this spell for one week.

By the way, BJ, there's a spell called Grave Speak in the Horror Companion that has a slightly higher PP cost and some limitations (the spirit is allowed to lie), but doesn't require an entire corpse and has less severe restrictions on the number of questions that can be asked. I'm happy to let you take your version of the power, but that one's also an option; it's up to you.

You know, I did consider Grave Speak for a power, and now I can't remember why I went with Speak with Dead instead. :confused: It may have been the "no lying" part, but in retrospect getting to ask multiple questions and not needing a whole corpse is likely going to be more useful. Yeah, I think I'll switch to Grave Speak.

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for this taking so blasted long; real life got very, very, VERY busy. Now that I don't feel like I've been hit by a truck anymore, however, here's my advance. Basically, taking a modified Summon Ally power (more restricted, superior duration).

RELIAN GRIMBACK - Seasoned Human Druid

AGILITY d4: Fighting d6

SMARTS d8: Spellcasting d12, Knowledge (Wilderness) d8, Notice d6, Survival d6, Tracking d6, Healing d4

STRENGTH d6: [none]

SPIRIT d8: Persuasion d4

VIGOR d6: [none]

DERIVED: Pace 6, Parry 6 (5 + 1 Weapon), Toughness 7 (5 + 2 Armor [1 vs Improved Hits]), Charisma 0

HINDRANCES: Curious (Major), All Thumbs (Minor), Loyal (Minor)

BACKGROUND EDGES: Arcane Background (Magic)

POWER EDGES: Power Points, Power Points, New Power (Nature's Guardian)

WEIRD EDGES: Beast Master, Healer

==== POWERS ====

•SUNRAY (Bolt w/ Light & Solar Trappings) [1pp; 12/24/48Rng] - A highly-concentrated and accurate beam of sunlight which can sear through weak-points in a target's armor. Does 2d4 damage per each ray (up to three), or can fire a maximized ray that does 3d4 for 2pp. All rays have AP4.

•RAPID REPOSE (Healing w/ Biological Trapping) [3pp] - Kicks the target's natural healing processes into overdrive, causing it to naturally rebuild lost or damaged tissue and purge toxins within seconds. Heals 1 wound on success, and an additional wound with a raise.

•YARREN'S BATSIGHT (Darksight w/ Biological & Sound Trappings) [1pp/1hr] - Greatly enhances the recipient's hearing and grants them a form of echolocation not unlike that of a bat. In addition to normal effects of Darksight, it also provides a +1 bonus to hearing-based Notice rolls (+3 with a raise). However, sonic and sound-based attacks and hazards get a +2 bonus against the recipient as well.

•VITAESHIFT (Boost/Lower Trait w/ Life Trapping) [2pp; 8Rng] - Altering and shifting the flow of life energy in a target, the caster can choose to either concentrate life energy in certain areas of the target's body to enhance a certain trait, or bleed life energy from those same areas to decay a specific trait. Increases or reduces a trait one die size (two with a raise) for 3 rounds, before the target's body restores its internal balance. Multiple targets can be selected, at a cost of 1pp per additional target (maximum 5 targets). Reducing an opponent's trait elicits an opposed spirit roll by the target.

•NATURE'S GUARDIAN (Summon Ally w/ Nature Trapping) [4+pp] - A variant of Summon Ally. Draws upon the power of nature and forms it into the shape of a natural ally or allies. The creature(s) must be a natural animal (no elementals, undead, constructs, etc.), and it must be summoned into a reasonably compatible environment (artificial evironments such as buildings or heavily populated cities do not count as an environment for the purposes of this spell). In addition, the creature(s) will not follow the caster into an incompatible environment, and if its duration elapses, cannot be maintained if it is out of range. The creature(s) lasts for 1 minute (and can be maintained for an additional minute per 1 power point). With one raise, it gains the Hardy creature trait OR increases its duration to 1 hour (plus 1 hour per 2 power points). With two raises, it gains both.

==== EQUIPMENT ====

CARRY CAPACITY: 47lbs/30lbs (1st Tier Encumbrance)

•MONEY: 148 silvers

•Spear (5lbs) - Str+d6, Parry +1, Reach 1, 2H

•Reinforced Leather (20lbs) - +2 Armor, only provides +1 Armor vs. Improved Hits, covers legs, torso, arms.

•Backpack (2lbs + 20lbs Contents)

--•Bedroll (4lbs)

--•Flint & Steel (1lbs)

--•Rope 30yrds (15lbs)

Out of curiosity, where would a Frogadile fall, as far as summoning level? Seasoned or Veteran?

Out of curiosity, where would a Frogadile fall, as far as summoning level? Seasoned or Veteran?

Looking at the stats I set out for it and comparing them to the sample summoned monsters at each rank, definitely at least Veteran, maybe higher, although if you really want one now I could cook up a young one for you that'd be appropriate for Seasoned (in any case it'd be a non-Wild-Card version of it, obviously.)

Possession and Research!

XP: 29 (Advancement 5)

Spellcasting: d10

Gadgeteer: Once per session, can create Weird Science object from spare parts

Machine Empathy: Can touch structure or mechanical device to get flash of insight into creator's intentions. +2 bonus to all Repair or Knowledge (Engineering) with device. Once per session, may hold a device and learn something about creator (draw card, Signs and Portents in Horror Companion)

Parasited: Bekora is host to an Ammat-Xan parasite, and may have to roll Spirit to avoid Compulsions.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Gear]

Horse

Crowbar

Hammer

20 yards of rope

Iron spikes (10)

Shortbow

Quiver

Barbed arrows (20)

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Spells]

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Forcecage (based on Damage Field)]

Power Points: 4

Range: Touch

Duration: 3 (2 PP/round maintenance after duration expires)

Trappings: Electrical field

An electric field envelops the target, dealing 2d6 (2d8 with raise) damage (2 AP) to anyone who contacts them in close combat. If the target attacks unarmed, add Str+2d6 (Str+2d8 with raise) damage (2 AP). Target can also touch (+2 Fighting) to do 2d6/2d8 damage (2 AP). Grappled opponents take field damage every attacker's round. If target becomes very wet (as in heavy rain or having a bucket thrown on them) field will short out, disappear, and deal 2d6 (2d8 with raise) damage (2 AP) to target.

[/spoileralt]

[spoileralt=Lightning Spirit (Seasoned-rank lightning elemental)]

Special Abilities

Chain Lightning: With a successful Shooting roll, the lightning spirit can launch a ranged attack equivalent to the Chain Lightning spell.[/spoileralt]

Special Abilities

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

[/spoileralt]

• 2 weeks later...