Using stairs opens my inventory, and now I can't escape!

thebroken0

I try to use particular doors or stairs, and instead my inventory pops up. It happens with the stairs in the upper room in the Tower of Magi in the South East corner and with both doors under Formello.

I've tried using both the arrow keys and clicking on them. I've tried rapid succession trying see if I could open the door quicker than my inventory can pop up. I can't find a solution.

I've also tried loading my earliest save, but to no avail. I don't want to have to start over.

It might not be necessary to fight the monster underneath Formello, use Fomello's pylon, or use the SE stairs in the Tower of Magi, but I'm afraid it'll happen again in a place that makes it impossible to progress in the main game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try deleting the game and reinstalling it. This won't change the saved games or cause you to lose your registration that is in the preference file. These types of problems are in a corrupt game file and not the saved games.

They can sometimes occur in a game when there is a mistake in the link when you click on a door or stairs, but they were all fixed long ago before release.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You may have already lost it with this problem. :)

• 2 weeks later...