Where am I? Picking up after 17 months

Suneun

Okay. Because of the Humble Bundle sale, I remembered that I never finished Avadon. So I booted Steam up and reinstalled it. Yay. My last save game is from March 2012. The problem is that I don't remember what is happening at ALL.

I tried to search for a storyline walkthrough but didn't see anything helpful online. I am hoping that one of you can fill me in, so I don't have to start from scratch.

I'm on Hard difficulty, my chars are level 20 or so. I have the following quests:

Hunting the Wizard: go to Farlands and destroy the witch or wizard

Recover Herenus: Relay message to Herenus in Bereza Woods

*History Scrolls: Find scrolls

*Titan's War Club: get a club for Berak

Zephyrine's Intentions: talk to new dragon for Thara

Hunt Down Orian: return or kill him

Aiding Calantha: talk to the gatemaster

*Drake Skins: skins for Belda

* I can tell that these are the craft side quests.

So. Please, can you bring me up to speed on what's going on in the game and maybe a suggestion on which quest is the main storyline and er, where that is? :) Oh and any heads-up on how far through the game I am?

I'm guessing I should go hunt the wizard but darned if I know why.

Thanks so much.

This is Avadon. You don't need to know why. Just mindlessly follow orders and collect bribes.

The wizard has been causing trouble that will affect the Pact.

Hunting the Wizard is the main quest line. You need to talk to Carsta'Arl in Khemeria to start that one at his castle Ogrhym'Tor. The wizard will flee and you need to pursue him.

Recover Herenus is easier if you talk to the wizard in the southeast tower of Beraza Woods zone called the Bandit Woods.

Titan's War Club is lying around in the lower level of Titan Keep. You probably missed looking in the right container. You might not have got the quest to go there.

Zephyrine''s Intentions is in Jhereth Deeps and you need to talk to her. The rest will become clear.

Hunt Down Orian is to find his camp in the Bandit Roads of Beraza Woods.

Aiding Calantha is go talk to the gatemaster in the lower level of Castle Vebeaux.

You are nearing the end, but should finish up side quests and talk to people to get some other ones.

There was a strange beast terrorizing the people of Dhorl Stead. The daughter of a stone-smith trekked to avadon to convince someone to find and slay it. That someone she found was you, and after a hard time you ended the Beast's rein. You might have given some evidence to your handler suggesting the Wizard Moritz Kri could be responsible... or not. In either case, she concluded that the Dhorl Stead Wizard was to be held responsible for the Beast and made an example of. If you have not gotten tired of her foolishness, and aren't completely convinced on how the head Wizard is involved, you should probably head to the Castle 'Ograhm Tor' in the north-west of Dorhl Stead to see if he or the "big boss" will talk to you about it.

If you are tired of politics and scandal, you could just take a trip far south To Jhereth Deeps. Zethron the Dragon has dealt with enough harassment and would like you to nicely ask the lovely dragon Zephrine what she thinks she's doing on *his* turf (just paraphrasing here...). And you know keeping Zethron happy Keeps Redbeard Happy... Stability is the whole purpose of Avadon, right? It would be wise, though, to consider which is more dangerous: An angry dragon, or an angry Redbeard?

If you don't mind errands; you can help the merchant Calantha in the Beraza Woods gain access to the prime booth locations under Castle Verbeaux. There is a guy as lazy as he is greedy that manages that sort of thing and She seems nice enough, so you could put in a good word for her. But just don't dally too much. Everything you have seen so far has left several of your companions with the feeling that Avadon may be falling apart around them. Sure, the Duke in Castle Verbeaux thinks he can have peace with the Kelem through negotiations. But you've seen enough of that sneaky wayfarer along with Ogres and Giants where they don't belong to know one thing: 'the duke' and Avadon are not the only ones scheming to change the way things are. Some one, or some thing, is trying to stir up trouble...