Long list of questions about Avernum 2

I have a somewhat long list of questions about Avernum 2, in the spoiler are my character stats (custom classes).

Hope that some veteran has the patience to answer them all, they're pretty straightforward.

Warrior Lv. 46 (Jordan)

Attributes

Strength 22

Dexterity 15

Intelligence 1

Endurance 10

Weaponry Skills

Melee Weapons 15

Pole Weapons 12

Bows 11

Thrown Missiles 7

Hardiness 10

Defense 9

Assassination 10

No Magical Skills

No Useful Skills

Special Skills

Barter 5

Find Herbs 1

Blademaster 2

Anatomy 5

Gymnastics 5

Pathfinder 8

Magery 6

Resistance 2

Vahnatai Lore 5

Parry 5

Warrior/Rogue Lv. 46 (Ssschah)

Attributes

Strength 22

Dexterity 15

Intelligence 1

Endurance 10

Weaponry Skills

Melee Weapons 15

Pole Weapons 12

Bows 14

Thrown Missiles 7

Hardiness 8

Defense 6

Assassination 10

No Magical Skills

Useful Skills

Tool Use 18

Special Skills

Barter 5

Find Herbs 1

Blademaster 2

Anatomy 5

Gymnastics 5

Pathfinder 5

Magery 6

Resistance 2

Vahnatai Lore 5

Parry 5

Priest / Mage secondary Lv. 47 (Teresa)

Attributes

Strength 4

Dexterity 2

Intelligence 20

Endurance 10

No Weaponry Skills

Magical Skills

Mage Spells 4

Priest Spells 18

Arcane Lore 11

Potion Making 14

No Useful Skills

Special Skills

Barter 5

Find Herbs 1

Blademaster 2

Anatomy 5

Gymnastics 5

Pathfinder 5

Magery 6

Resistance 2

Vahnatai Lore 5

Parry 5

Hedge Wizard Lv. 46 (Mycroft)

Attributes

Strength 4

Dexterity 2

Intelligence 17

Endurance 10

No Weaponry Skills

Magical Skills

Mage Spells 18

Priest Spells 10

Arcane Lore 9

Potion Making 4

No Useful Skills

Special Skills

Barter 5

Find Herbs 1

Blademaster 2

Anatomy 5

Gymnastics 5

Pathfinder 5

Magery 9

Resistance 2

Vahnatai Lore 5

Parry 5

About both my warriors I was wondering:

1. Which stat gives them more AP? Is it Dexterity, Hardiness or Defense? If all of them what is the most effective one?

2. For survivability should I increase my warrior's Hardiness or Defense?

3. Is it worth it to go farther than 15 Melee Weapons or 10 Assassination?

4. For more chance to hit and damage should I up Blademaster instead of Melee weapons since it's cheaper? Do they have the same effect?

Important: Both warriors can attack twice without haste. With haste and Divine Warrior Jordan can get 3 attacks and Ssschah (he has the trait that boosts movement) 4 attacks provided they don't move. They're both wearing the Plate Mail armor with 20% penalty.

About my priest:

1. Is it useful to raise Strength or Dexterity? (I've been wondering since the first Avernum)

2. Intelligence is at 20, no need to go higher right?

3. To make her survive better should I invest on Hardiness or Defense? (Haven't spent a point on them)

4. Is it useful to have priest spells higher than 18 or should I go with Intelligence?

5. I also want more AP for the priest, she only has 6 without haste (wearing robes), what do I raise?

About the hedge wizard (initially a mage):

1. This guy doesn't have AP at all, even with haste I can only do 2 actions if I don't move, what's the problem? (he doesn't have heavy armor and he has the trait that lets him have it, Natural Mage I believe)

About gameplay mechanics or the story:

1. I never put a point in Arcane Lore, does it affect spells or only the learning of spells?

2. My priest and mage have the appropriate rings (mage ring and priest ring) but I've got an Intelligence Ring too, would it be better for the Hedge Wizard since he now has almost the same potential in both schools of magic?

3. Looking only at Dexterity and Endurance which has the potential to save my life more often? Provided I have Endurance already at 10 like I do.

4. I kept Bind Foes at Lv. 1, what are the opinions on upgrading to 3?

5. Is the Barrier Tower only for Dispel Barriers Lv. 3 and a book about teleportation? I can kill the demon but the guy dies.

Anybody know the location of the 3 sticks that cost 5000 for Rentar-Ihrno? I've bought everything else and I have 33 knowledge brews because of Silverlocke, just need this last thing.

Warriors:

1 - Defense counteracts the loss of AP from wearing encumbering armor. None of them will increase it beyond the starting amount. Dexterity helps you go earlier, harder to hit, and increase to hit and damage with range attacks. Hardiness reduces damage taken. Defense also reduces chance of being hit.

2 - It depends upon whether you are always getting hit, it which case hardiness is more useful. By the end you are almost always getting hit.

3 - Yes. Melee weapons and Assassination will increase damage.

4 - Yes. It almost always helps to use cheaper skills when they help.

Priest:

1 - Strength to carry more loot and armor.

2 - Right. I can't remember if the game caps stats at 20. Save before training since the game lets you put points to a capped skill and then afterwards you find out that it was capped.

3 - Hardiness is more useful.

4 - Never raise mage or priest spells over the maximum for spells that you can cast so stop at 18.

5 - Some items raise AP.

Hedge mage:

Armor will reduce AP. Natural mage trait allows wearing bulky armor, but doesn't negate the penalties.

Game mechanics:

1 - Arcane Lore lets you learn spells from spell books and is the only way to get level 3 versions.

2 - I don't remember.

3 - Endurance to have more health. Dexterity doesn't help spellcasters.

4 - It varies for Bind Foes since some monsters are immune to the higher level versions but not level 1.

5 - You need it to advance the quest. Some places will give the same result no matter what you do.

Aren´t those sticks used to activate some mechanism in vahnatai lands?. I remember picking a lot of them on the way to vahnatai lands through Formello.

Way past that point in the game, I think it was a joke on the forums, I read about it in this topic http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/2627-excess-gold/page__hl__%2Bspend+%2Bmoney.

He was probably joking and I got trolled by it.