Avernum 3 - Effects of Passage of Time/Days (Complete Town List)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic
ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 13 March 2015 - 01:23 PM #36 Avernum 3 - Effects of Passage of Time/Days (Complete Town List)

View PostRandomizer, on 13 March 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

repeat until dead.

repeat until dead.

repeat until dead.

repeat until dead.

repeat until dead.
This is more like how it feels
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

Hyena of Ice Hyena of Ice

Shaman

• Member ID: 12,969
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:27 PM #37 Avernum 3 - Effects of Passage of Time/Days (Complete Town List)

I've been playing this for the past week, and my experience with Krizsan has been that the dates are not absolute-- it seemed like there was a random factor involved, but that the further the date progressed, the more likely the town was to suffer damage.  (I kept a backup save in case the town got wrecked, and another backup that I occasionally saved over.)  It sucks that the timeline affects things in this way-- makes the game a lot less fun.  How are you supposed to clear every possible dungeon and complete every possible non-courier quest if this happens?

Edit: The random element may only apply to the second and later ruin stages-- the first stage of ruin, for all I know, could be fixed.

Ishad Nha Ishad Nha

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,773
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:20 AM #38 Avernum 3 - Effects of Passage of Time/Days (Complete Town List)

I think you are meant to be able to clear most of the dungeons, there will just be a lack of sages and shopkeepers.

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:19 AM #39 Avernum 3 - Effects of Passage of Time/Days (Complete Town List)

All important NPCs will be alive, but some move to new locations.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

mikeprichard mikeprichard

Shaman

• Member ID: 8,578
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:52 AM #40 Avernum 3 - Effects of Passage of Time/Days (Complete Town List)

Hyena - just checking in for a bit, and not sure if you're still around, but to confirm: from my previous extensive testing on two different game files, there's no "random factor" in the town destruction schedule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users