FYI: the Exile series has gone freeware!

ixfd64

Yeah, it's mainly the scenario editor I'm after. Am I correct in assuming that scenarios created in a Wineskinned version of the old editor would be compatible with the current BoE build?

Yes. The output doesn't depend on the operating system. On the other hand you might run into the old cross-platform issues, but those were all save files and graphics if I remember correctly.

—Alorael, who suspects making a wrapper for Harehunter's Windows scenario editor is not a huge undertaking. But he's not Tyran and doesn't actually know how to go about doing it.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

would this work on XP? it sounds like any 32 bit OS works, and I don't have a copy of windows 95 lying around(not many people do, I imagine). I do have a copy of XP and setting up a partition running it would be easy enough.

Yes, as long as the PC you're using is old enough that XP drivers exist for it.

• 1 year later...

I just downloaded the Wineskinned Exile 1, but whenever I go to a window like "More info" on a character or the spell screen, the whole thing becomes completely unresponsive. Any idea why this could be?

(I'm using El Capitan -- there's apparently an issue in general with Wineskin and El Capitan, but I was able to get around it; that's what allowed me to run the game in the first place.)

I do not know why that is, sorry that I cannot help. :/

I have a question of my own. I intend to play through Exile again if I can get it to work - are there any sites still up that have BoE scenarios available? Is that even still a thing any more?

If not I can always just buy BoA. I have been meaning to for awhile, but haven't bc it isn't sold separately and I already own the trilogy set. -_-

I have a question of my own. I intend to play through Exile again if I can get it to work - are there any sites still up that have BoE scenarios available? Is that even still a thing any more?

As far as I know, this is the most complete scenario archive currently online.

BoE is still "a thing" although I've been distracted from helping with the project by life (and Minecraft). I don't know what Celtic Minstrel's been up to the last couple weeks. Check out the forum header at the Blades of Exile subforum of this message board! CM is leading development of an improved BoE that runs on modern systems and has some new features and stuff. He's usually in the IRC chat room and I often am too.

I've been distracted by... let's just say "games". I'm nearly always in the IRC channel, so just ping me (ie, say my name) and I'll eventually respond. (So don't join for a few minutes and then leave. Hang around for a few hours at least. You can just leave it idle while you do other things.)