Your music that you listen to-All Genres Accepted

Death Knight

I listen to video game soundtracks, which I think means that I've come full circle as a nerd. I enjoy music with purpose, which is something video games clearly define. It allows you to ponder what the composer was trying to do without requiring the base level of knowledge that more cerebral stuff like jazz or classical, I think, require.

Slith,

I wasn't the biggest fan on Icewind Dale 2 but I rush to get to the bridge fight just to hear the epic soundtrack they have for that fight. In my own opinion, video gaming can have some of the most epic of music because you are able to interact with the music moreso than with a simple track. Dynasty Warriors 4 gave me a few ideas for my cd me and my brother recorded. The Lu Bu theme song was fundamental of "Bad Day of Work" and its main riff.

I like all of Jeff's tracks on his games even if I have to sit there and listen to the song finish before I start loading up the game ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, because I discovered what is clearly

Joke songs aside, I'm finding I quite like some of X-Ray Dog's work. I'm not a fan of the hip-hop or pop songs, just because I don't much like those genres, but the orchestral pieces tend to be on the same level as Immediate Music's older work (Immediate Music seems to have gotten better in the last few years, although the newer stuff is harder to find, so I might have a biased sample). It's a shame X-Ray Dog hasn't released a "best of" public album or two, because I would love to buy that.

Two Steps from Hell is definitely Dikiyoba's favorite trailer music production company, though.

I normally listen to other people's favorite music; for the most part, I have little to no control over what's playing. Which is okay, since I'll listen to a lot of different genres. I can't stand rap, though.

Currently, my mp3 player has music by Weird Al Yankovic, the Beatles, the Guckenheimer Sour Kraut Band, and Napoleon XIV.

Bump, because I discovered what is clearly

Joke songs aside, I'm finding I quite like some of X-Ray Dog's work. I'm not a fan of the hip-hop or pop songs, just because I don't much like those genres, but the orchestral pieces tend to be on the same level as Immediate Music's older work (Immediate Music seems to have gotten better in the last few years, although the newer stuff is harder to find, so I might have a biased sample). It's a shame X-Ray Dog hasn't released a "best of" public album or two, because I would love to buy that.

Two Steps from Hell is definitely Dikiyoba's favorite trailer music production company, though.

Have you seen the movie Event Horizon? Its scary and the music played on the ending is just awesome. It goes under Event Horizon Ending Theme on youtube and is currently one of my favs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a music taste that I myself can't even label or describe. Everything from Bestial Black Metal to East Coast Hip Hop, with 80s Post-Punk/Gothic Rock and a lot of Hardcore and Powerviolence joining in the fray.

In fact a lot of the kids that hang out with me or add me on ye ol' Facebook after I've done a gig (I front 2 bands) usually are shocked when they see me bumping stuff like Souls of Mischief, Portishead or Bauhaus - stuff that has nothing to do with the music I play on stage. :lol:

The best part (and most unique) is that people are so different. One of my friends told me that happy music makes him sad and angry/depressing music makes him happy. I can listen to a happy song a few times but usually will listen to loud/angry music over and over again.

I was just thinking about this. My wiring is similarly backwards, although rather than making me depressed, happy music has a varying effect on me depending on its other qualities. I can enjoy it... but I can also start fuming angrily at its general meaninglessness. Depends on the song.

• 1 month later...