Avernum: Escape from the Pit crashing on Android

xXGottSteinXx

I have purchased A:EftP for my android tablet the day it was launched and, other than the issue I am about to explain, it has worked relatively flawlessly. My problem is this, the game crashes every time combat ends with a special event dialogue, like with the bandit toll near the bat cave and the goblin encounter north of Fort Avernum. These dialogues work fine when in a town or dungeon, but in overworld combat it seems to freeze the game up and I am forced to close it and reload from an earlier save; waiting does nothing.

This happens with every overworld instance that ends with a special encounter dialogue at the end of combat, and it is problematic. Is there anything that can be done on my end, or should I simply wait for some sort of a patch?

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Otherwise it can get misplaced with items left on the floor. :)

The Android port was done by the Apportable Team. Try contacting them at the email address in the profile:

http://spiderwebforums.ipbhost.com/index.php?/user/8632-apportable/

Hi folks,

Thanks for the feedback about Avernum: Escape From the Pit on Android. We just released an update to Google Play this afternoon which fixes the freezing/crashing issue (technically, the application was not responding). The new version is 1.0.3 and should be available to all supported devices on Google Play within an hour or so. Cheers!

- The Apportable Team