Need a custom script here...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
Dark Sniper Dark Sniper

Soldier

• Member ID: 8,605
  • 111 posts
  • LocationStanding on a Cliff

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:57 PM #1 Need a custom script here...

First of all, I would like to thank all the spiderwebbers who have been watching this post. So lets get to the point:

I need a script for a monster that is mostly based on the mimic.txt made by Niemand. I need a kind of script that is similar to mimic but it will have to search for a specific item on the whole party's inventory to steal that item to the monster so the monster can use it.

For example: I am making Elec Man. His power is stored in a wand in the Generator Room. If the party stole his thunder beam charged wand before fighting him, he could not shoot his thunder beam and will be powerless (I can script this part myself). Anyways,  When the party meets Elec Man after getting the wand, he will steal the wand from the party using this script and will use for his own good. After killing him, he should drop the wand. I am  recalling the thief.txt from Proving Grounds for a little reference. But the script should run even when the party is not adjacent to him.

I request any spiderwebber who is able to make this script to please create it for me...
If one seeks me for killing you, then consider
yourself dead in the next 10 minutes. You are alive
because no one has announced any
bounty in the town.

For now, I seek Ohsky.

Kelandon Kelandon

!!!

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 2,682
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:33 PM #2 Need a custom script here...

Try making the script yourself and ask for help on parts that are getting you stuck. If it's just stealing an item from the party, use a char_has_item() to determine whether the party has the item, then use a char_take_item() to take it. If you're slick, you could use a take_all_of_item() call to do it in fewer steps.
VCH: I believe we settled this way back when: Kelandon was the most attractive.
SoT: You'd be happy, too, if you were such a clever spider.
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!

Dark Sniper Dark Sniper

Soldier

• Member ID: 8,605
  • 111 posts
  • LocationStanding on a Cliff

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:42 PM #3 Need a custom script here...

I just can't do it. Anyways i have been busy to open the editor.
If one seeks me for killing you, then consider
yourself dead in the next 10 minutes. You are alive
because no one has announced any
bounty in the town.

For now, I seek Ohsky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users