Blades of Avernum: Nostalgia and Beauty.

lampshade

I'm replaying Blades of Avernum and will be playing almost every scenario (Expect a ton of reviews to come up!)

One thing that comes to mind and beckons, is that looking back so many of the scenarios happen to be so beautiful to me. I think there is a certain kind of visual style to the terrain that makes it look incredibly appealing (even more than Blades of Exile and I have a huge bias towards 2D sprites) and the scenarios seem to be very condensed (which I think is a carryover of a preference people seem to have developed during the late days of Blades of Exile) which I think evokes some kind of warm feeling. I just wanted to express that I guess.

The coals are still smoldering, all they need now is a good blow and a little fuel, then BoA will be up and running with the wind again. Don't let the embers die out!

I really like the graphics too, probably because I've spent far too much time looking at them. :)

And I think it's amazing what some people have done in their scenarios to make them look really beautiful. Niemand and TM's scenarios come to mind.

And I think it's amazing what some people have done in their scenarios to make them look really beautiful. Niemand and TM's scenarios come to mind.

I like TM's style, too (especially Emerald Mountain), but if you're looking for pretty, you need to play some of Ephesos's scenarios.

• 3 weeks later...