Geneforge 2 Strategy Peripheral

Triumph

Geneforge 2 never received the kind of intensive mechanical and strategic analyses that later games have received (or if it did, the threads are no longer extant). However, this thread attempts to provide some useful information scrounged up from the depths of the past.

First, don't forget the links to the maps and FAQ at the top of the Geneforge forum page. The FAQ is imperfect but has much good information.

Builds

Mental Magic Agent

Agent Advice

Melee Guardian discussion

More on Guardian build

Missile Guardian

Guardian vs. Agent builds

Parry

Game Mechanics

Basic Tactics for the Geneforge Series

Using MORE than 9 canisters (i.e. 10 or more) will alter the ending. Getting “modified” (e.g. by Tuldaric, etc.) does NOT count as canister usage.

Since it comes up regularly: Luck does not affect enemy item drops. Source.

The “10-cap” (not a G2 thread specifically but valid information anyway)

How Damage Works

Some changes from G1 to G2 and More

The highest you'll ever need Leadership is 12.

How Trainers Work

“Trainers are rather icky in G2. You can only train twice in any skill, but the game counts using a canister, reading a book, getting a quest reward, or using skill points as getting trained. I ignore all of the stat trainers but the melee trainer in Medab. Sometimes I can buy a skill or two off a later trainer, but I never plan on it. The real thing to watch out for is creations. Don't using canisters that give you create creation skills until you've trained in them if you want to make the improved version of them.” Source.

Other interesting information

Recruit-able creatures; items to save

Optimal weapon discussion

Artifact Crafting / Ingredient Locations

Cheat codes to affect the game ending

Endings Guide