Avadon on Nexus 10

MCLondon

The short answer is "nothing". The Android port of Avadon was done by a third party so that it could be included in a Humble Bundle. As such, Spiderweb isn't in a position to really do anything, as far as I'm aware.

I'm pretty sure this has come up before though (wasn't there a Tech Support Forum specifically for the Android version of Avadon, or am I misremembering?). In any case, previously it's been suggested that users change the resolution of their tablets, before changing it back once play has finished. Unfortunately, I've no idea how to do that.

Sorry!

Thanks for replying guys.

Unfortunately I have to say that this leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Whether or not a third party did the porting, at moment there is a version of the game out there that people have paid for and can not play :(

Would love to try more of Spider Web's products on tablets but to be honest to scared to do so now....

only tablets which have more SW-games are Apple's tablets. Winows 8 tablets will play many SW-games put those tablets aren't out yet.

While it has the same interface as Windows for Intel systems, Windows RT is running on completely different architecture and will not run Intel applications. If Spiderweb wants to release games for Windows RT, they will have to make specific versions for that platform.

Although, on the off chance Windows RT doesn't flop (lol), someone will be bound to make an i386 emulation for it, and there's a possibility that won't nix SW games on the device.

Edited by صيلي
Since the BoE source is available, I imagine a build wouldn't be too hard, but you'd also have to interface everything

While it has the same interface as Windows for Intel systems, Windows RT is running on completely different architecture and will not run Intel applications. If Spiderweb wants to release games for Windows RT, they will have to make specific versions for that platform.

I didn't mean Win RT tablets, I meant Intel-based Win 8 Pro-tablets.

That's highly unlikely to happen, and if BoE were ported to a tablet OS, I think Android and iOS would probably be better choices.

I would concur. Although, to be honest, a WinRT port would probably be easier to use since you (most likely) still use the win32 API, and just have to fix processor architecture stuff. I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an email a few months ago for this same issue on my Transformer Pad Infinity. This is the response I received.

"Thank you for purchasing Avadon: The Black Fortress. We have tested Avadon on the Transformerpad Infinity TF700, and while the high resolution of the screen does mean that individual buttons, etc. are a little on the small side, we haven't found that the game is unplayable. Actually, we've had rather positive feedback from TF700 users who have purchased the game. At this time, we do not have plans to change the image assets or interface design specifically for higher-resolution tablets.

If you are not satisfied with the game and would prefer a full refund, please let me know. Thank you for your feedback!"

So apparently there is no problem. Needless to say I've never played the game on my tablet because my fingers couldn't accurately click the menu buttons and kept moving my guys to incorrect places. This can get you killed pretty quickly in a battle. I can't imagine how much worse it would be playing it at 2560x1600.

Would they really have to change the image assets that much, either? I've played Avadon on my 2560x1440 desktop monitor and had to change the res to about half that to make it playable due to how everything scales. Surely I could just run the game at a lower res on my tablet with similar results?

Anyway, I hope this issue is resolved (not holding my breath) because these games would be awesome to play on tablets.