SpiderWeb games for Android?

Cmiller

Thank you very much. Its good to know there is at least "one" game out there. And wow, such a good discount. I will buy and download this as soon as I can. And, considering I have never played Avadon, it might be worth my while. Though I'm not sure how play experience differs with mobile devices.

Nevertheless, Thanks very much! :D

-Cmiller

I just saw this after posting a similar topic in the Avadon forum.

MORE ANDROID PLEASE.

I can't believe there is no mention of the Avadon version for Android on the website - crazy!!!

I don't have money for iPad and after playing Avadon on a tablet even though I own Avernums on steam I can no longer play on a PC.

More droid!!!!!!!

Avadon was ported to Android by a third party as part of a Humble Bundle. Jeff's description made it sound like the porting process was too difficult for him to want to do it, especially for the number of sales he'd get. I don't know if he got actual numbers or guessed, but he sounded pessimistic about Android sales. (Maybe linked to the alleged rampant piracy on the platform?) At any rate, Jeff has no interest in doing the ports himself and possibly limited incentive to pay someone else to do it unless the port is part of getting the kind of publicity that comes with the Humble Bundle deals.

—Alorael, who tried Avernum briefly on an iPad. Maybe it was the unfamiliarity (he has no iPad himself), but he found the experience okay but not as good as playing on PC. Must be his Luddism showing through.

Apple's tablets vary too especially after ipad mini came and resolution and screensize have changed since 1st ipad, atm tablets screens vary fronm 7 inch to over 10 inch and resolution does same.
There are two screen sizes, but only one effective resolution. The first two 10" iPads and the current 7" iPad mini are 1024x768. The 10" model has a 2048x1536 resolution with the interface scaled to 1024x768. Android tablets come in varying shapes and sizes with varying aspect ratios and resolutions that are more different than simple pixel doubling.

I believe all iPads can play Spiderweb games. All iPads able to play current games are very likely to be able to handle upcoming games as well.

—Alorael, who certainly doesn't think Jeff pushes the graphics requirements or processing power very hard. Spiderweb games are generally friendly to older hardware. And the oldest iPads are still not that old.