Happy New Year 2013!

Ouroboros

The German New Year's greeting is to wish everyone 'einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr'. This is literally wishing people a 'good slide into the new year'. That's not necessarily an unreasonable way of expressing the sentiment, but as a Canadian, I'd find it more natural to wish people that they not slip on any ice.

So, please: slide or not, whichever you prefer.

Huzzah to a new year and double huzzah to the kids going back to school tomorrow. I might finally get the computer back. Gma Sue bought them all Kindle Fire HD's but do they play them? NooOoo... They buy themselves an official Minecraft account each with the money from the Aunts instead and hoard the PC's from dawn till dusk.

On the bright side, no computer means I have plenty of time to work on the bathroom remodel. Should have all the tile up today. That'll be nice. Huzzah, make merry, love like there's no tomorrow, and live like there's no yesterday. ...I may have stolen that last part from somebody. Too lazy to look up who.

Don't encourage them, Tyran. Minecraft addiction is a serious thing. :p

The Silent Assassin wishes you pie, prosperity, and good hunting through the next solar revolution. In the event that none of these happen, he wishes that the pie you won't get goes to him.

A German friend once taught me, many years ago, to jump off a chair so I'd leap out of one year and land in a new one. It's a very nice silly tradition. I have no idea if it's common, peculiarly German, or entirely idiosyncratic to her, but I like it.

—Alorael, whose año nuevo is feliz indeed. And he's sure he doesn't know what else you could mean.

This is my first post of 2013. Like a few others, this makes my 13th year posting on these boards. I'm not on here hardly anymore for the main reason the only way I can even get on here is to go to the library. I'm too busy taking care of things to be able to do so. Today, I got some free time. It's good to see how things are.

Post #688 :cool: