Editor Question 2

Tonweya

The Original BoE Editor included documentation that described some 229 Nodes, including descriptions of each Node and the description of each of the Fields, Spells, Alchemy, etc. Soon after I joined the community, I made a 'hard copy' of this documentation. As I've used the new, 'Classic', version of the Editor, I've routinely encountered these changes and cannot find any updated documentation as complete as the Original File is. Was there ever an updated version and I simply haven't found it?

I've made lists of the new identification numbers of Spells, Ingredients, etc. but am hoping there is something already in place so I don't have to re-write this entire File. ;^{

Any help for an aging "Analog man in a Digital World" would be greatly appreciated. ;^}

me

There is an (in-progress) HTML port of the docs available here (don't wander too far :p). It's a reformatting of the original port to HTML by CM (?). Eventually this will be (in a PDF format, most likely) shipped with game installers. I'm presently working on a port-port to TeX so we can output in as many formats as needed.

Edited by صيلي
as that is pulled directly from the CBoE svn, it's prolly the closest thing to an official docs that exists. Also note that you abruptly run out of formatting somewhere in the appendices, but it's still readable

I joined the Community in 2004 and downloaded the Editor Documentation soon after. The 'bladedit.hlp' file appears to be the same one that I already have.

I think the term, "in-progress" answers my question well.

I've encountered an occasional difference and "assumed" that most all the work had been completed; that there were only minor "tweaks" being done.

One of the items that I noticed was different was the numerical identification of "Mage Lore" under "Affect PC/Party Specials: Type 98 - Affect Statistic, (0 = increase; 1 = decrease). The Statistic, "Mage Lore" is listed in the Editor Documentation as #11, but looking at a Node in use, it was listed as #25.

I can certainly understand that a complete rebuild is a huge undertaking and didn't know that this was still " work-in-progress".

Please accept my humblest appologies for not realizing this unnecessary question, but, hopefully, I'm a little better informed.

Thanks,

me