I'm primed for another jaunt through Avernum: Escape from the Pit on my new iPad Mini and was thinking it would be fun if there was something similar to Angband Geek Codes for Avernum. It obviously can't be transferred straight across because Angband is single-character and there are fewer character development options; so the code is quite a bit simpler. And Angband can be measured with more linearly because of the importance of Dungeon Level and Character Level. (This may work better for Avadon since that has single primary character but the Avernum series is hands down my favorite.)

Having said that it may be possible to come up with something that can be shared via things like Twitter and in email sigs.

Here's a first stab, which is for the Avernum series. This is for a starting party and uses the following:

Avernum(I) iPad D:C C! So-1 Ro-1 Cl-1 Ma-1 R:0

• Avernum followed by the parenthetical number in the series.
  • Platform played on
  • Difficulty (Casual | Normal | Hard Torment)
  • Game type (Win | Current | Most Fun | Other) (! if no cheats are used, c if a cheat has been used)
  • Four positions for the type of character (first two letters) and level
What I left out:

• Artifacts - those are more clearly defined in Angband but there are not that many in Avernum
  • Resistances - probably too many to list for each character?
  • Race should be added for the Avernum games that have racial options for player characters
  • Dungeon Level - this could be the current area you are in but in Angband DL is a big indicator

Thoughts?