"Return Life" levels 2/3?

I hope I'm not breaching this forum's etiquette by creating a new thread as my first post, but I've searched the web and this forum and I can't find an answer.

Basicallly, I just want to know if leveling "Return Life" up does anything.

I found the lvl 3 tome in Gremlin's gold, but haven't noticed any difference in effect.

I have a suspicion that, since the tome is found in a gremlin cave, upgrading the spell may just be a joke and there is no actual effect.

I think back in the Exile version it made a difference with different types of deaths, but not any more. The only use is to get all the priest spells at level 3 for a medal.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. The games make sense then.

• 10 months later...

Yeah, in the first Avernum trilogy and BoA Return Life would be able to revive characters who died in a certain way depending on the spell level.

Level 1 only revives characters that are turned to stone, Level 2 revives dead characters, and Level 3 revives characters that were turned to dust.

Also, the spell requires a Balm of Life.