3rd spell-caster useful?

Hi,

Is it worthwhile to add a 2nd priest or mage character if I already have one of each? In my current game on hard difficulty, my archer character always get to move first because of his very high dexterity. My fighter/priest usually gets to move last. Is it worthwhile to have the archer also invest some points in priest spells to cast early protections? As it is now everyone is either dead or severely injured before the priest gets a chance to cast a knock-back or heal spell!

The party is composed of a fighter (dual swords), fighter/priest (poles), archer, and mage. I am using the Avernum Remix mod.

Also, I've noticed that due to his very high dexterity the archer hardly ever gets hit, is it useful to increase this stat for the front-line fighters as well?

Archers don't have a whole lot of useful places to park their skill points, and healing spells aren't affected by intelligence, so giving your archer priest spells is at least a viable option.

Increasing Dexterity instead of Strength for front-line fighters will mean they do significantly less damage, and on higher difficulties will also mean they miss a lot. It's not worth it overall.

Kilolima,

I would say having an extra priest is always an extra boon. The reason being that priests dont have to just be a utility spellcaster who just buffs. You can heal, cast blessings, cast battle spells and still wear armor without restrictions. Also, priests get some decent attack spells as well.

Im using a party right now with 1 fighter/priest (dualclass) who only uses buffs and the occasional healing, 1 fullclass fighter, and 1 priest. I havent had any trouble and its been a good bit of fun.