Avadon Crashes after Titan Keep

CulbraHalito

After talking with Zhethron upon completing the Titan Quest the game crashes. I have reinstalled by video driver, and the game. I even started over from the beggining again but it crashes at the same point. Is there a video sequence that starts up at this point?

I am using a Toshiba Satellite C655 running Windows 7 with an intel 13 CPU.

Any advice?

There isn't a video sequence or anything other than the game setting the stuff done flags for quest completion and opening of the reward chest. But neither should cause a crash.

Maybe some one else with a similar system might know.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave any remaining sanity at the door. Although with your problem it might be too late. smile

How did your game crash? Mine just vanished. The moment I completed reporting to the Duke after I brought peace between Holkland(?) and Kellem, it automatically exited to the desktop. No ordinary error message _This application has stopped working dut to blah-blah-blah_ was shown. Reinstallation not working and drivers all up to date I had to install the game on my bros computer and finished it without any problem.

But I have an unconfirmed idea. After talking with Zhethron upon completing the titan quest you are supposed to be awarded a medal. And in my case, after talking with the Duke after the conciliation quest you will also earn a medal. So I may allege that both crashes are related to the medals. I wonder if you can find which file the medals are stored and purge that file, your problems might be solved. Just my theory though.

After you reinstalled the game, did the game become unregistered? If not, then there must be some traces(settings, saved games, registration information, etc.) somewhere left on your computer, which, I think, is very likely the cause of the problem.

What Randomizer said was right, deleting files from the installation folder will cause errors. While I think it safe to delete corrupted settings and saves that outside the installation folder. The game will automatically regenerate these files the next time you run it anyway.

I suggest you make a backup first, then delete the entire folder called Avadon Saved Games(Not sure about its exact location since it differs between systems. Do a file search.), reinstall and run the game, re-register and tune up, then start over like what I did on a new computer. This eradicates all possible corrupted files.