Expand Avadon compatability to the Galaxy Note 5.3"

senectus

Hi folks,

I'm from Apportable, the company that ported Avadon: The Black Fortress for the Bundle. I'm happy to let you know that Avadon does fine on the Galaxy Note (although, of course, it's a little cramped). I'll add the Note to the Supported Devices list for Avadon: TBF and see if we can get a note on the HB FAQ.

Thanks all!

- Christina

Yes i confirm that it will work well in sg note! And finally i found some use for stylus... its not playable with fingers. And i found also that screen protector decreases sensitivity with stylus, no matter what fleabay sharks say. I really hope that i could close menus with the same button that brought it up or outside menus, like many other games. And option to have bigger dialog boxes, so i could rest my eyes while chatting and reading stuff. But its still best rpg by far in android! Next time just cram the ui in more sensible way and it would be perfection.

Avadon was the first game ported to a tablet so the interface was designed for a mouse/keyboard computer.

Avernum: Escape from the Pit has been modified to make it more useable on a tablet since Jeff got months of complaints about what was wrong.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave any remaining sanity by the door.

• 3 weeks later...

I have also successfully installed and run Avadon on my Galaxy Note. My only issues are already alluded to in this thread. The touch windows on various menus are too small for fingers, but this can be worked around with the stylus. I always have to hold it in place for quite a while before the game recognizes it as a selection; not quite sure if this is the game or the OS, but I don't seem to have the issue with other apps. The bigger problem is the lack of any option to increase the font size for the text dialogs. Being able to bump it up just a little bit would make a huge difference in readability. Otherwise, very playable.

Thanks for the feedback.

Avadon: The Black Fortress is really designed for screens 6.5" or greater, although the Note and a couple other high end handsets are able to play it despite this limitation because they have high screen resolutions. While the game is playable on these devices, we do not at this time plan to adjust the UI, text size, etc. to accommodate smaller screen sizes.

• 1 year later...

Hi folks,

I'm from Apportable, the company that ported Avadon: The Black Fortress for the Bundle. I'm happy to let you know that Avadon does fine on the Galaxy Note (although, of course, it's a little cramped). I'll add the Note to the Supported Devices list for Avadon: TBF and see if we can get a note on the HB FAQ.

So, a year later, why can't I buy Avadon for my Galaxy Note 2 from the Play Store, and why did your colleagues in Apportable support blow me off when I enquired about this via email?

• 1 month later...

How were you able to buy it and get it running, since the App Store won't sell it to someone who doesn't have a tablet?

Thanks much!

If you purchased the program from one of the few humble bundle sales it was in, you get the apk to install without going through google play. That is probably how those others installed it. I have the Galaxy note 10.1, and will warn that even with the stylus, it can be challenging to interact with the UI on the 10 inch screen in some cases due to the high resolution of the screen.

The galaxy note was probably never added, or added then removed from google play because gameplay is just not optimal there, even though it is possible to get the application to run.