Raise Dead spell gone for good?

I still don't have the Raise Dead spell. My characters are level 21 and I think I'm fairly close to the end of the game.

I did not give the stones to Samael at the Vale of the Sould. I gave them to the Rose Lady in the Hollow Hills. And I let Samael go at the end of the Vale of the Sould. So apparently I can't get the spell there.

And I also--foolishly I suppose--only did about 2/3rd of North Aethdoc before killing Lord Relatur and zipping back to the south. Now I can't get back in so I can go to Iltanor's lab.

1. Is there another way to get Raise Dead (even if it includes cheating)?

2. Better, is there any way to get back into North Aethdoc at this point?

Thanks for any help!

P.S. At what level do people usually finish this game? I'm sure an awful long way from the top Spirit spells.

I don't normally need Raise Dead anyway, I have a fairly strong party. I normally have two fighters with minimal spellcasting, level 1 in Druidism, Health and War. Other two are spellcasters who hang back from melee if it is trouble. Spellcasters concentrate their skill points on spell circles until they reach 8 in all of them.

"1. Is there another way to get Raise Dead (even if it includes cheating)?"

"2. Better, is there any way to get back into North Aethdoc at this point?"

(If playing the original Nethergate you would have to alter the save game file, I will need to look into this.)

In Nethergate: Resurrection you only need to alter a town script to give your party the spell. Look for Samael's dialog file to give you the needed function.

Check South Aethdoc, there should be some Spirit surprises there.

Finishing levels I don't know.

I'm assuming this is N:R we're talking about. If it's the original version, I have no idea.

Click on "Edit Statistics" to the right of the character portrait to get to the training screen. Select Druid Spells, scroll to the spell you want, and just click it. Hit Done, and be sure to save before you exit.

It is all a matter of personal taste. I am familiar with BoA scripts, so it is easy for me to work this out. You add the relevant code to a town script, get your spell and then you remove the code from the script. No need to break off the game and go to the Character Editor.

Relevant code comes states from 39 and 40 of t19Castle Aet.txt, which is of course found in the Celt Data folder.

Original game, you would edit the relevant save game file. Look at the PC's skills then check that against the data in the save file.