Avadon on Asus TF700, Resolution too High

Kato

I'm a big Avernum fan on PC, so when I saw Avadon available on tablet I immediately purchased it.

The problem for me is the resolution is much too high and it makes it difficult to enter accurate commands, and it is eye straining to focus on the tiny tiny characters.

My tablet has an 1920x1200 display, and when you cram that into 10.1 inches... yeah.

So my question... is there any way to modify/scale the UI of this game to something more manageable? I imagine 1280x800 would be easier to deal with, and that's a more common tablet resolution I think.

Thanks for any advice or guidance.

I dunno how super-duper tablets are for changing resolution, but you would probably have to change the resolution, run the game, and change it back after you are done.

Either doing it manually, or writing a script using something like NirCMD (for a windows tablet, dunno what options are available for android if that's what you use).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

There's a known issue on 1920x1200px tablets where Avadon: The Black Fortress doesn't resize properly to fill the whole screen. We ordered a TF700 to reproduce this issue on and hope to have a fix out for the Android version within a month. Hopefully this will help make things easier on your eyes.

- The Apportable Team

• 1 month later...

Settings was the first place I checked. You can't change the resolution in the settings though. I can't find or access the .ini that might let me edit the resolution. It doesn't ask to set a resolution on start up either and runs at native res by default. Native res on the TF700 is way too high though. Any idea how to change the resolution?