Scenario Editors

Brood

So, I have looked at alooooooot of websites in my effort of trying to find the less frustrating editor to work with and i came across this one

Scenario editor

It is powerful for the simple reason that u can go fullscreen and see your whole terrain at once, I guess it was abandonned back in 2009 though and the editor can only place terrain, which i'm gonna use to modify outdoor terrain but for all the rest I guess i'm gonna have to use the original editor? I have checked that other editor from Ormus or whatever and it didnt seem to have changed much ( visual-wise) Have you guys got to get anything good set up on your sides or has it always being like that?

I have a version for Windows which you may like. Unfortunately, I wrote it in Visual Basic, so it is restricted to Windows or a Windows virtual machine. just link to my webpage, download it, and beat the living dickens out of it. I feel reasonably sure that it work well for you, but until someone has taken in through all its paces, I won't know how well I did.

There are links a-plenty on this forum for a couple of other scenarios editors which have been out there longer, so they may be more proven. The link you have referred to is the most complete package based on the open-source code release by Jeff Vogel.

Is there any easy way to add custom graphics to the editor? Or are there thread explaining it step by step? I mean if i download 30 images containing lets say 4-8 sprites each , do i have to compile them all in 1 image? with the grid system w.e how that works? or can i just ask the editor to load all those images? Or do i need to code that in? Kinda confused at this.

Brood, if you are still using the original (ie Jeff's version) of the code, I strongly recommend downloading the Openexile binaries linked to in the forum header.

Re: images, you don't do that in the editor. You'll want to use an image editor like GIMP (although MS Paint will suffice), and just paste the icons in. It's hard for me to explain better than the documentation, I would recommend looking at the builtin scenarios and how their images are set up. I'm sure someone else can offer a decent explanation, though smile