Help with Circle Warrens Block Puzzle

I've been an avid gamer, especially RPGs, for 30 years, so it's hard to believe I didn't hear of Jeff Vogel until this year, from an article in PC Gamer. So I played Avadon, then Avernum 6, and now Nethergate: Resurrection. So far I like Nethergate the most. It's really one of my all-time favorites.

But I've just run into a problem. I went off about level 10 to the Circle Warrens, figuring that must be the place for Cormac's tunnel quest. I'm playing as the Celts, no cheating.

I cleared everything, except the final Naga summoned by Titus. After about 8 tries, I figure I'd come back later. (Incidentally, I don't remember fighting the stone golems in the room before Titus.)

So I'm back at lvl 13. And I'm stuck on those six golems. Just can't beat them.

So I figure from some walkthroughs that I need to go smash tiles. So I'm off to smash the six tiles.

Here's my problem. In one room you have to push a pushable block onto a floor tile in order to open the gate to the tiles that need smashing. Unfortunately, I was moving too fast and accidentally pushed the block into a corner (as you face the gate, the corner to the left of the gate). And my only save before this point is about 8 days ago!

Is there any way to pull that block out of the corner?

Is there any way to edit the save to reposition the block?

I hate screwing up a puzzle like this!

Thanks for quick response.

Unfortunately, that did not work. I left the dungeon, rested a night, and when I return the pushable block is still in the corner. Apparently I can only push it from two directions (its S and E) and I just get the message "You don't have anywhere to push the block to."

Did the puzzle start that way? Am I missing something obvious?