Help for a newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. One more question. How many pieces do i have to find before putting the Dragonslayer together. And does the Dragonslayer relate or have to do with anything to the main plot line? do i need it to win the game?

I already have one peice that i find in the Slith Temple. I also found some more graymolds there too ^^

Demonslayer has 3 parts. It does more damage to demons, but it is a two handed sword in this version. You might do more damage without it and just go with sword and shield.

You can easily finish the game without it. There will be a few places where you get dialog relating to it. Some players like to have it for the Haakai in the Tower of Magi and for the Grah-Hoth plot line.

I just realize i'm in trouble with completing the Grah-Hoth Mission. I LOST the Blessed Athame. I think when one of my characters died, i forgot to pick it up. I honestly don't feel like searching all of Avernum for this dumb knife. So is there any way i can just "give" it to my characters. Or am i just screwed. I don't have any back-up save files. And if i do, i'll be brought back way early in the game. What do i do?

Edit: Never mind. I should double check thing more before i speak. Sorry, i never even grabbed the knife in the first place lol

But i would like to know where the Crystal Key is so i kill the demon in the tower o Magi

I'm quite close to finishing the game. (yeah) I've defeated the Demon in the tower of Magi. Met Erika. (Haven't killed Grah-hoth yet.) I now thinking about heading off to get the Orb of Tharini. But i'd like to know where the Empire's Communication orb is. I thought it was in the Crypt of Drath. (At least it had a peice to Demon Slayer blush), but it wasn't there. Where is it?

Awesome!! wink After like 4 days, I finally beat the game! At least now i can explore all the places i missed and complete all remaining subquests. After that, i going to reply the entire game on the hardest mode of difficulty.

Btw, thanks again Randomizer for helping me. (and whoever made the annotated maps.) Having completeing one of Jeff's games, i can admit their super hard, and he puts a lot of time into making them. So, i guess i should thank him too^^

Edit: I played the game on normal difficulty btw

Because i plan on replaying the game of the hardest level of difficulty, there are a few question i'd like to ask.

1.) What is the best (okay there's really no "best" way) to make my party. When i mean best i mean a party that will make playing the game easier. When i played this last time, i had a custom warrior, and i changed the rebel to a rogue (because she had better tool use.) And i left the cleric as is. And made a hedge wizard instead of a sorceror. But then after playing the game a bit, i picked up jay to replace my custom warrior (jay had the demonslayer btw^^) and i had andrew replace my rogue. Lets face it his tool use is unmatched. Andrew was my only pole fighter. (i loved using the slith spears smile.

Anyways beside explaining what my party was like last game, I'd like to know how my new party should be like. And if i should get someone of the in-game party members later on. Also, how useful is Sebrina and her cleric spells?

2.) I know he's the most powerful dragon and all, but is it possible to kill Sulfras. Every time i try i can't ever make it. Plus the invisible Guardians are just a pain. tired

3.) I can't believe you can't get away with killing King Micah. shocked

THe advanced search function doesn't really work. Besides no one can agree on the best party. Go with what you like and don't waste skill points trying to be all things in one character. Specialization works best except mage and priest should have some spells from each group.

• 2 weeks later...