Avadon installation problem on Xoom

tonyb48

I enjoyed the demo, so I bought the full version on Google Play. When it tried to install it reported an Error: " Incompatible with other application (s) using the same shared user ID" I am sure the refund process works fine, but I would rather play the game. I have a Xoom tablet using Android 4.0.4. I tried shutting down and restarting, but it did not help. Can you solve this problem? Thanks very much.

Tony

After uninstalling the demo, the full version installed fine. Unfortunately, I cannot find the saved games from the demo. Android file management is not clear to me. I suppose I'll start from the beginning. Perhaps you might offer a clear process for backing up saved games in case this happens to other inexperienced folks like me.

• 1 month later...

@tonyb48 - It sounds like there was an error on Google Play's part when you tried to download the full version of Avadon. This type of error is pretty rare - we've actually never seen it before for this situation. If you had contacted official tech support at androidsupport [at] spiderwebsoftware [dot] com, we probably would've told you to try waiting a day and downloading again, or we would've given you a refund so that you could try the purchase/download cycle again. Let us know if you run into any other issues.

@Randomizer - Currently there's no way to copy/back up Avadon save files on Android without rooting the device or using Android developer tools. We're still looking into this.

- The Apportable Team