I can't beat Goagh-Nar.

How do i beat Goagh-Nar and retrieve the stone skull. Its too hard, because the Formorians keep ganging up on me. Usually they r no problem, but its the Crusher who keeps doing 50 to 60 damage on me.

I'm assuming its my level, so if there r any suggestions to where i can level up, that would be great. All characters are level 7 right now. I Also have Marcus tagged up along.

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

If you have a save from before entering there, then the usual thing is to explore elsewhere to level up. There are some dungeons and quests to east and south.

If you are deep inside, then take advantage of terrain. Put your best fighter with armor and health in front and use narrow corridors to keep them from swarming. You don't need to clear everything out and there is too much loot to take it all anyway.

Pretty much as soon as you are strong enough to survive a fight. It helps if your characters go first and you have area effect attacks.

It depends upon party build, but if you can fight most things in Goagh-Nar you should be able to do the bridge. I really hated them, too.

I usually do the bridge on my first pass through. If you build your party right, you should be able to take them on (as Celts, anyway).

There are a million over quests to do before taking on the three big ones, and I'd suggest doing those, and not only for the experience. There are a set of keys that'll open up a lot of doors, hiding a lot of treasure, and it pays to have those before you venture off into the main quest areas.

But calling that three big quests doesn't really make sense, because a notable portion of the plot doesn't revolve around those artifact retrievals. The game has five chapters, right? (It's been a while!) Those are probably the best small number of significant things to break the game down around.

—Alorael, who certainly doesn't think The Contract or whatever the endgame is called are less substantial quests. Arrival isn't quite as meaty, but if Jeff gives it equal billing who is anyone else to argue?

• 2 weeks later...

Spells that slow enemies will halve the number of attacks that they make, which should halve the amount of damage you take before said enemies die. (In Nethergate that is Coils of the Serpent.) Ditto, spells that haste a PC will double the number of attacks that he/she can make. (In Nethergate that is Quicksilver Feet.)