Downloading Help for BoE

skinnymike1

Hello, it has come to my attention that in the age we're living in that there is no direct way to buy and download the full game Blades of Exile to your laptop!

I can download and play the demo wonderfully! But I can't for the full game unless I go through some rather dishonest routes, and I like the game so much to not be doing that.

So I'm asking, does someone here know a legit way to buy and download BoE directly to ones computer without any hassle, also since my laptop has no disk drive?

So are you saying the WHOLE game of BoE is free to play in the legit way too? All I have to do is go to that site and download it?

And thanks for the welcoming, but it is only brief. I only created this account to post this question. But I'll hang on to what's left of my sanity, thank you very much smile.

The original SW site is sadly lacking with regards to updated info about BoE. Which is understandable, given that Jeff probably doesn't make more than a couple bucks from people who buy it anyway. Some helpful links to get you going in the right direction:

Online version of the BoE documentation - This is mostly a direct copy of the original docs in all their incorrect glory, but is handy for newer Windows machines that no longer support the help file standard. Should you make the plunge and start designing, the editor docs are here. Also check out the BoE forum here on SW.

TrueSite's archive of all BoE scenarios - The SW scenario pages are quite outdated with regards to this. Jewels has put ridiculous effort into archiving all of these and making them available.

The BoE CSR - There's more than a couple scenarios, and this'll help you find the right one to play. Note that you have to fiddle with the display settings at the bottom of the page to see all posts.

Nightly Builds of the openexile code. Development has been a little slow lately, but if a dev commits a new feature or something and you absolutely can not wait for a release, this'd be the way to try it out.

And if you do hit any hitches (you will if you play for any length of time, the game is a tab bit outdated), feel free to post down in the BoE forum! We don't bite, I promise!