Hi all, just brought Escape from the pit played through most of the previous version of Avernum when i was much younger so I'm not entirely unfamiliar with it.

I am however curious about item values which seem to be considerably higher than what i can sell anything for. Lack of money to buy things and item values that were miles above any price i could find was a source of frustration for me with Avadon, i'm wondering if they vary in different locations and if so, where the best place to take spoils would be.

I'm also like to know about whether i can put items in a receptacle and come back for them later or if i have to lug everything around may be of some use

Thanks for any insight in advance

All merchants provide the same purchase price of things you want to sell., but cost to buy will vary . At level 10 (?) you can get the negotiator trait and get an additional 10% and that effect is cumulative with others in your party to get up to 40% effect.

You can put items down where ever you like in towns, but we advise against leaving stuff in Fort Remote. It's better to pick a town you use frequently or Tower of Magi portal room.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It won't help solve your problems, but they won't bug you. smile

The Negotiator trait can be picked up by everybody in your party at level 8, not level 10. You should definitely do so; the amount of gold it generates pretty quickly adds up.

To make the most of it, try not to sell anything until you have the traits - stick anything you might want to sell at some point into your junkbag, since it's pretty much infinite.

I saved my stuffs at Formello to pylon-room since Formello and Draco are most visited places after Tower of Magi.

Junkbag isn't infinite although player would need to put all stuffs he/she finds to there, I got old save where my junkbag is filled cause of bug by undefined daggers but so not interested to count how many dagger there is (if some1 is then I can send them that savefile).