A:EftP - general newb questions

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
It's a lot easier on normal. You need at least one level of priest spells for healing and then some fighter skills and concentrate on mage or priest spells for swarms. Daze helps a lot at the start to do the Eastern Gallery.

Wow, I'm having a blast in the tower of magi after playing 8 hours on my singleton. The tactics used as a singleton require a whole new set of tricks, i might have to play the avernum series this way all the time!

Screw dual wielding and go for a sword-and-board character. The Quicksilver Bulwark is easy to pick up and there's another +AP item that is quite near the area but not as easy to get since you have to kill for it (the Mercuric Leather from that slith shaman). Have the Frozen Blade as your main melee weapon since it runs on INT and not on STR. You're already ballin' from the two actions per round you have. Replace the Leather with the Runed Plate (the BEST armor for a singleton, no penalty to attack, 2nd highest armor rating iirc, and a nice Spellcraft bonus to boot) when you get the Quicksilver Sandals. Yer now ballin' out of control now son.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
I have used only 1 energy potion for each caster so far so I have 17 Energy Elixirs and 19 Energy Potions saved and as I have read no1 makes Elixirs.

If you like to have your casters spam expensive spells like Arcane Blow or Divine Retribution 2-4 times per round, you can easily run out of energy before the end of some of the longer fights. In that case, having some energy elixirs around can be very handy.

my casters main spell is lightning spray against groups and if its gazer/eyebeast (haven't seen any since wandering around Final Gauntlet) and more than 1 then fireblast (mage) and divine fire (priest) if enemies are close enuf eachother, used arc. blow and div. retribution few times on Grah-battle.