What if the series were funnier?

Well, I was thinking after I played my uncle's save file on AV2 last month, he was somewhere in about Rentar-Ihrno's place and I talked to a nearby imp named "Small Devil"

Me: (I said something like watch out for what?)

Small devil: "Or rentar-dumbo will turn you into slugs. Ha!"

------------

Me: (I can't exactly remember what was it)

Small devil: It expels gas at your direction

-----------------

I really loled so hard after seeing those dialogues. I wish that if they put those jokes on some parts of their games...

----------------

Well, they did put out a few jokes on the games...

Aeftp: Can't find anything on the demo yet.

Avadon: The Demo Demon will blow your head if you didn't want to listen to it

AV6: Don't have it

AV5: Don't have it

AV4: Don't have it

AV3: The generic dungeon was hell funny laugh

AV2: Mentioned it

AV1: Can't find anything on the demo yet.

---------------

GF saga: It was a very nice and serious game. Or I didn't just see anything funny

-Lol, Rehctawthgin

There are many funny dialogues in A6. I can only recall two though. The first is your commander telling you don't to believe the rumor that Avernum's biggest problems were always solved by adventurers. The other is about a mage in the castle explains that the Orb of Thralni can only make a group of 4 fly, not 6.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Nightwatcher

To me, despite the graphics, no one would beat the awe inspiring, phenomenal storyline on The Geneforge saga.

There's also A1&2 and Nethergate you're quite forgetting now...

Originally Posted By: Rehctawthgin

GF saga: It was a very nice and serious game. Or I didn't just see anything funny
-Lol, Rehctawthgin

The servant minds were, Lietz, some serviles, some of the items descriptions, the ornks of sentinels, Astrov and certain Sholai did show some humour...

Originally Posted By: upon mars
The servant minds were, Lietz, some serviles, some of the items descriptions, the ornks of sentinels, Astrov and certain Sholai did show some humour...

Well yeah, because I didn't have GF1 full version. But I did find some on bones and skulls
---------
Originally Posted By: upon mars
There's also A1&2 and Nethergate you're quite forgetting now...

I did mentioned "To me"...
---------
-Demo version, Nightwatcher

• 3 weeks later...

The funniest dialogue I can find in any Spiderweb Game was from Avadon when you are trying to get to one of the bosses who is hidden behind locked gates, and he keeps unleashing his pets on you. (I forget the big guy's name who says it, so I will use Grog instead.)

"Grog Smash"

"Grog Kill!"

"Grog Eat!"

Then Grog takes steps to accomplish his simple, three-part plan.

I forgot the exact wording, but that one made me laugh until I fell out of the chair and hurt my nose.

• 8 months later...

what about in the cult of the sacred item in A3

the book of "The way of the sacred item"

the memorial hall with epitaphs that said like:

"Excuses to Johnsan, who accidentaly teleported into solid rock. We apologize sincerely."

same dungeon, entrance to teleportation room: "Teleport Room. Please fill out your will before proceeding."

from moon to ruins of draigoth? yeah they are in A3.. 3 signs that are an advertisement, funny stuff

also what about the goblin/troglodyte/giant broken english?

- A barely literate troglodyte drew out this crude map. A note at the bottom says: "Long wak round mounntns north then sowth to littl tunnl too cave thatt makz barreurs"

Jeff's games are actually full of humor. It's just not as explicit as, say, Kingdom of Loathing. Rather, most of it's pretty dry and deadpan. It's great stuff.

Kingdom of Loathing is somewhat full of puns, literal stuff, double meanings, e.g. he tries to mine your neck, but it's not his, it's yours. or something that is not child friendly, compared to Jeff's, KoL makes me smile, but SpidWeb makes me laugh.

---------

Wow, what a necro.

---------

-Test Subject 8552

• 1 month later...