Random Encounters and Empire Patrols

I played Exile 2 far more than was healthy as a child, and picked up Avernum 2 for the heck of it. smile

My question is, are there Empire patrols in Chapter I like there was in Exile 2? And is there a way to increase the number of random encounters? (They seem far less common than they were before)

The random encounters with the Empire don't really appear until Chapter 3. Also you can't farm experience and loot by attacking the Empire check points and barriers like in Exile. Repeated attacking the one northwest of Dharmon eventually gives an autokill message. *sigh*

If I remember correctly there is a limit to how much experience you can get in Chapter 1 since the respawning monsters is low.

Welcome back to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door if any remains from your Exile days.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
The random encounters with the Empire don't really appear until Chapter 3. Also you can't farm experience and loot by attacking the Empire check points and barriers like in Exile. Repeated attacking the one northwest of Dharmon eventually gives an autokill message. *sigh*

If I remember correctly there is a limit to how much experience you can get in Chapter 1 since the respawning monsters is low.

Welcome back to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door if any remains from your Exile days.

And using the UBB search function will then remove your sanity entirely tongue