Has anyone seen this?

Trenton.

Sorry if this has been shown before, but I didn't see anything in search. Is it blog spots job to be hatin on video games? And seriously! On geneforge 4 no less! When I saw this, I couldn't believe my eyes. Why do people have to be so hateful?

Carful, there is MAJOR swearing. Scroll down to the third thing, and you will see a Geneforge 4 hater. Seriously. I almost cried when I seen it!

(Warning: Still moderately NSFW) http://ouugh.blogspot.com/2008/09/geneforge-4-i-wish-i-was-star-wars.html

If you look at that blog, you'll notice that pretty much every "review" is just trolling. I have no idea if there's a kind of joking method to the madness and you can extract meaningful information about games from it, or if the point is entertainment, but it's not a review site in any normal way and you shouldn't take it seriously. No one else will.

—Alorael, who must say he's reminded strongly of the heyday of Desperance, down to some of the interesting orthographical choices. Except this is more focused on manlines.

Originally Posted By: Trenton
Seriously. I almost cried when I seen it!

Really? It was so bad I had to laugh. "GENEFORGE IS TOTALLY A RIPOFF OF SPORE EVEN THOUGH GENEFORGE CAME OUT SEVEN YEARS BEFORE SPORE!!!!1!1"

Also, you thought to mention the swearing but not the dozen or so pictures of seriously family unfriendly Spore creatures?

Dikiyoba changed your link to go directly to the review in order to sidestep the pictures.

At first I had to talk to some nerds and crap and this one jerk was like hey get some stuff and I was like jerk you don't tell me what to do. Least that's what I would've said if this CASUAL GAME WOULD'VE LET ME but I guess it's not big on actually having choices. So I went and got some stuff. Among this stuff was some sort of gun that shoots like thorns or nails or something.

(I dumbed down the curse words)

And there was no thorn batton in the storage shed...

Anyway, we walked around a bit until combat started. I could feel my video adrenaline pumping as some f****** d******* monster rushed at us, but then my game paused. I was pretty confused for a second, because I clearly didn't hit a pause button. Then it hit me. This game is turn based like that other game BATTLE CHESS.

(Cencored again)

And this just proves my point if he just met the Kyshakk. He obviously played for more than he said.

Disagreeing with people on the internet is a time-honored tradition. But that's not a review that paints Geneforge 4 in a bad light. It's a bad review. In fact, it's a laughably bad review. It's so laughable it really can't be anything other than a parody of reviews.

—Alorael, who gets the feeling that the guy might even like Geneforge, or at least have some deliberate desire to play it. It's the odd game out with the fairly mainstream titles that make up most of the other posts.

With modern technology, total bozos can blog. They can have a banner, nifty fonts, embedded pictures, lots of links. Their random ranting can have better production values than the major motion pictures of the 1970s. So it almost looks like something official, something significant, something that lots of people will notice.

But it's not. It's just some guy mouthing off. He might as well be sitting in his room, muttering into his pillow. Maybe it's supposed to be funny, maybe he's serious. It doesn't matter.

Think of it this way, and maybe it won't seem like such a big deal.

Originally Posted By: Trenton the Canister addict.
But seriously. Whats the point? There is none. Just fricking leave it alone if you don't like it. You don't have to ruin it for everyone else too!

Comedy like this is dedicated to people who take life too seriously. The people who get upset over it are the punchline. When someone is trying to rile you up, the best thing to do is walk away and ignore them because all they're looking for is a reaction.

Originally Posted By: Enraged Slith
Originally Posted By: Trenton the Canister addict.
But seriously. Whats the point? There is none. Just fricking leave it alone if you don't like it. You don't have to ruin it for everyone else too!

Comedy like this is dedicated to people who take life too seriously. The people who get upset over it are the punchline. When someone is trying to rile you up, the best thing to do is walk away and ignore them because all they're looking for is a reaction.

Exactly. When your uncle asks you to pull his finger, don't do it unless you're prepared for a stink.

Very sagely spoken, Enraged Slith.

As long as you are doing what you can to make a positive contribution to our society, even if it only entails being part of the discussion of the issues of the day that need to be hashed through, you have nothing to be ashamed of. What others think of you matters far less than what you think of yourself. You know your own worth better than they do. Just hold your head high, and walk with dignity away from those who seek to cause turmoil.