I think the wilderness is designed a bit better in Nethergate than in A3, and I definitely prefer the "alert" sound that comes with each message.

—Alorael, who agrees that the details help. The size also seems to make Jeff concentrate more on making what he does have count, so the game is more concentrated in a way.

Indeed. I agree that it is quite possibly the mind reacting to the historic periods when Rome did invade Great Britt. And yes, I agree with the Alert notification. Also, I played Nethergate before any of the Avernum series so that was a big change from the Exile engine. Perhap that's why I enjoy the way it looks more than Avernum 1-3

Quote:
by Alorael:
I think the wilderness is designed a bit better in Nethergate than in A3
I agree with that. It might be because we both played E3 before A3 so A3 seems a little repetitive. Also, as someone else mentioned, Nethergate is more concentrated where as the A3 is sprawling. After trawling about in A3 for a few hours, you've already seen all of the graphics in the game.

I mentioned concentration as well, Willow. Yes, it helps that graphics aren't used repeatedly, but towns aren't either. There are very few different areas to enter, so almost all of them are unique.

—Alorael, who loathed the interchangeable A3 towns with generic people. If they weren't worth the effort to make fully, they shouldn't have been made at all.

Downloaded Nethergate Demo today (don't know why I didn't played it before?!) and I really

must agree, it does have a nice atmosphere, maybe even better then Avernum and Geneforge, well, I will see, I just

ordered it together with Geneforge2 and all the Hintbooks cool

And yes, though the graphics are more or less the same, it looks as if here and there more detail was spend to it, when designing the towns&landscape etc

Or maybe it's just the different plot? Don't know smile

I think after the Geneforge Series I would like to see

something similar to the Avernum/Nethergate engine again, with a character editor and maybe a world like the good ol' times of D&D or Midgard....

oh yes...getting nostalgic....

cheers

Abraxx

I like that your stats are not only shown with a bar but also in numbers.

I'm only missing a quest log.

I just wondered if instead of dropping something I can put the item back into a desk or similar...I think it showed a letter when I was standing beside...

Anyway, there are a few neet ideas where I don't understand why they were dropped for the following Avernum games frown

rgds

Abraxx