In which everybody participating gets a plus one.

nikki.

6000cup_300x316.jpg

Rather than post a bunch of rubbish googled images, I thought I'd instead just say thanks to everybody for letting me have my say a whole bunch of times, and for being lovely, interesting people. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

And, Hopefully I've been just the right amount of spammy to avoid being irritating. tongue

I'm not sure, but I think that missing out on the mango meme is a stronger meme than the mangos. So you're fine.

I just noticed that at this moment we are only two registered members away from having over nine thousand members. My calculations show that if all of these people post six thousand times, it will initiate a chain reaction that will illuminate the entire internet with the glare of a thousand suns, and turn every single troll to stone for good. This may not be a realistic scenario for the near future, but it implies that Nikki has satisfied the categorical imperative.

Good going.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
I am not so sorry this must be done, Nikki.
Click to reveal..

mango.jpg

Wow, that takes me back. It's been five years - or eight, depending on what you're referencing.

Retrioanachronicity building up again; to the Spiderbus!

Man, this takes me back to the battle to get hold of account #4000. I don't recall why 4000 was such a good number; maybe just because it was round and even.

I don't remember anything of the sort happening for #4444 and so on, which are by far better numbers.

Originally Posted By: Over Nine Thousand!
Originally Posted By: Master1
To whoever took the 9001st account, please note that the exclamation mark confuses math people. 9000! is indeed a very large number. In fact, is has over 31682 decimal digits, according to Wolfram Alpha.

+1

Noted. Will spelling it out suffice?

Yes, thank you.

+1

Also, are you a pre-existing member (no hate, it's cool) or a lurker who wanted to take the number?

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
There hasn't been a purge of accounts which have never posted and spambot accounts in years.

Yes, because having more than five members no longer makes the UBB perform sacrifical rites on random passers-by.

Honestly, I'm still unclear on how this is a good thing. tongue

There hasn't been a purge of accounts which have never posted and spambot accounts in years.

I'm pretty sure this has only happened once, and it really only happened then because the new board software (for ubb.threads) had to be installed anyway. So I wouldn't expect it again, at least not soon.

'eh, I liked the old UBB better. Maybe I never experienced it during the worse instabilities, but the new UBB looks meh and it has a peculiar habit of randomly marking every topic in the forum as unread for me. I then proceed to miss eight pages of discussion because everything is yellow.

Also, congrats Nikki! Hope to see you at 12k!

Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S

I'm pretty sure this has only happened once, and it really only happened then because the new board software (for ubb.threads) had to be installed anyway. So I wouldn't expect it again, at least not soon.

I dunno, I'd have to go to the PPP to check, but I do recall Jeff (or, more likely Mariann) saying that they were going to remove spambots and members who had registered but not posted (thereby dealing with the resident Wolf problem too), in order to try and stop the UBB from imploding.

Of course, it was right around the shift, so I could be confusing one event into two. smirk

Edit: I AM WRONG. Front page of the PPP archive. Duh. In my defence, 2008 was an age ago. Apologies!

Originally Posted By: Sylae
'eh, I liked the old UBB better. Maybe I never experienced it during the worse instabilities, but the new UBB looks meh and it has a peculiar habit of randomly marking every topic in the forum as unread for me. I then proceed to miss eight pages of discussion because everything is yellow.

I may be completely forgetting the virtue of the old UBB (that's odd enough just to say) but I don't recall that it even marked read and unread topics. I remember having to figure out when topics were updated by the time stamp. We also had to find where we had left off in a thread by ourselves.

Unless I'm just assuming the old UBB was worse than it was. I definitely don't mind the looks of the new boards, though. In that regard they're the same to me. And if you do mind, there's always a variety of skins to pick from.

Originally Posted By: Tyran
This account was #7000 before the upgrade. frown

It could be worse. You could always bribe whichever lurker has 7000 now into giving you the account. Upon checking, I discovered that #10,000 doesn't even exist anymore.

In any case, some people got lucky in the upgrade. Alorael went from 335 to the much cooler 333 (the number of... half the beast?).