In which everybody participating gets a plus one.

nikki.

Originally Posted By: and each wore a bowler hat
Originally Posted By: HOUSE of S
Originally Posted By: Randomizer
There hasn't been a purge of accounts which have never posted and spambot accounts in years.

I'm pretty sure this has only happened once, and it really only happened then because the new board software (for ubb.threads) had to be installed anyway. So I wouldn't expect it again, at least not soon.

I dunno, I'd have to go to the PPP to check, but I do recall Jeff (or, more likely Mariann) saying that they were going to remove spambots and members who had registered but not posted (thereby dealing with the resident Wolf problem too), in order to try and stop the UBB from imploding.

Of course, it was right around the shift, so I could be confusing one event into two. smirk

Edit: I AM WRONG. Front page of the PPP archive. Duh. In my defence, 2008 was an age ago. Apologies!

This was, in fact, part of what ended the PPP in the first place. UBB renumbered the accounts so it would have been impossible to mix the old archive with new content just because the member numbers didn't match. (Neither did topic or post numbers, of course, or in some cases forum IDs)