This is it

Frozen Feet

Me and Spiderweb Software go back a long way. I was around eight when I first tried Exile III, and was hooked. Jeff's games greatly and positively influenced my imagination and were largely responsible for sparking my interest in roleplaying games both on computers and on pen and paper.

They were also pivotal in my journey to the internet. I got my first (and still active) e-mail address just so I could join these boards. Through these boards, I was introduced to great many things, from play-by-post roleplays to debates and logic, complex math and how to use AIM.

However, I recently realized it's been ages since I played one of Spidweb's games, and when I did, the magic was no longer there. Unfortunately, it seem I've outgrown them, and as a result, these boards as well.

I acknowledge I've never been a very active member of the community. I've long since lost track of who is who, and I guess many newer members have no idea who I am or was. But instead of fading from memory without notice, I though I'd announce my departure. For old times' sake, you know.

If someone still remembers me and wants to stay in contact, feel free to try and catch me on AIM with moniker Tuulentekija, or on Facebook. But besides that, this is it for me.

Thank you and good bye,

Samuli Suominen

Originally Posted By: Lilith
you were a pretty okay poster

I can only hope for such a stirring eulogy. But wait!

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
There's more to the Boards than just games.

So far, no one has kicked me out for posting almost exclusively in General. It is likely that, should I stop playing Jeff's games, no one will notice. You are all, therefore, stuck with me.

As for the Finnish element, it's been leaking away for some time. Nevertheless, I could have wished for a little in your farewell speech, Frozen Feet.

Farewell, Frozen Feet.

Sad that I didn't get to meet you, and we probably never will, but life's like that and that sort of thing.

Nice farewell post. I want to write one like this if I ever leave the community, but I guess it'll be a long time before I tire of computer games.

Originally Posted By: Schoolin' Salmon
Anyone else think it's odd that the Finns are the one nationality who have established themselves as a sub-group of webbers?

And I don't count Canadians because honestly, who believes that that is a real country?

Originally Posted By: Dintiradan
Not even us Canadians.

Our minds are of course infected by American ideas and customs, more so know that Stephen Harper is king.

Geography is unkind indeed.

And just so I don't get banned for that, I'll add that all I'm saying is that it's hard for a smaller nation with a young history to avoid becoming much like a nearby large nation, especially with an open border for both communication and travel.