Exile 3

JMR

I pretty sure the shield mace was in the bandit lair northeast of Fort Emergence in their storeroom in the northeast corner. It's been a long time since I played but I remember the boltblade is found fairly early in the game.

This FAQ listed the locations of some items, but you will have to read through it. It did confirm that the shield mace was where I thought it was.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It will be easier to find after losing it looking for these items.

Now we're going back even farther, but Scrioth is in Motrax's hoard in E1, and I don't think there were two magic swords in there. More pertinently, Motrax is dead and his lair not included in the area of E3 anyway, so if that's where the boltblade is it's still only accessible by editor.

—Alorael, who has a special place in his heart for Scrioth. It's his very first Exile artifact. It may, for all he can remember, be the first non-plot artifact he acquired in any computer game.

The Boltblade definitely did not exist in E1 or E2, so I imagine it is in E3 somewhere.

I *hated* Scrioth. It was such a flipping let-down. As a weapon, it was a huge disappointment, with its low bonus -- maybe it was even a bonus of zero, making it as bad as a Stone Greatsword? And its usable ability sucked (it cast Flame, worth a whopping 2 SP), and couldn't be recharged, and could only be used I think 10 times.

But I remember it had to be Vhakos on the island. Because, when you buy the boat in gale, and sale over to the town on the island, it was broken down and there were undead wandering around. You had to kill a few 10-health-point skeletons and walk out of town. There were plenty more undead walking through the swamps. Am I mistaken and can that all be Zkals? IT HAD TO BE VHAKOS! Remember the curse you get there? That annoying curse he puts on you if you didn't chalange him? I swear, if we go back in the topics, and find one about getting rid of the curse, it will say, "The curse from Vhakos's temple on the island south of gale."