Cheat to play with 5 characters

plums

Hi, just finished Avadon after buying it for Linux through the Humble Bundle. I played on Torment, it was "sufficiently hard." After beating it I thought it would be fun to see if there was a way to play the whole game with all the characters at the same time. Following the examples from the Character Editors on this board, it turned out to be a pretty easy hack.

Disclaimers:

• Completely unsupported, use at your own risk.
  • Makes the game MUCH MUCH easier, way too easy even on Torment if you care about a challenge at all. Not recommended for a first playthrough. Playing with only one extra character, so you can use one of each class, isn't too bad...
  • Probably will result in some bugs.

Known issues include:

• When you return from the dungeons you might have other characters following you on the main floor. To fix, return to the dungeons alone, and then come back up.

Download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sivbmrepbq13ki4

To install, unzip and copy all the z* files to your scripts directory. If you use the Advanced Character Editor, first delete the file z3goldcragdlg.txt and rename the file z3goldcragdlg_editor.txt to z3goldcragdlg.txt

Once installed, clicking on a pylon will give you the option to call other Hands to join your party. You can also ask Eye Mamora for more Hands to help in the dungeon. Asking characters already present to join you doesn't seem to have any ill effects.

I've only tested it a little, but it seems to work fine. I don't know that I'm going to play it for too much longer, at least right now. As I said, it's really easy...

Have fun!

v1.1 update: fixed bug with Khemeria

Originally Posted By: dave s
Does it bring up all companion dialogues?

It brings up most of them. There are a few spots where, for example, if Sevelin is in your party he will say something, otherwise if Shima is in your party he will say something. (This is the case with or without cheats.) So in those situations you miss out on some dialogue.

In other cases, you get everyone piping in with their thoughts.

I sort of expect that in one or two places there might be too much dialogue to fit onto one page, and I don't know what will happen there.

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: Rehctawthgin's ÜberCharge
Yes it does. Who said it wasn't? If it didn't, then I'm a scumbag Nightwatcher and I shouldn't be here at the forums. I can give an evidence, even hundreds. I have changed mine uncountable times. It is possible...

On an IPad? How can you change the scripting on an IPad? I would really like to know so I can use this cheat.

Originally Posted By: JamesMighty
Yes it does. Who said it wasn't? If it didn't, then I'm a scumbag Nightwatcher and I shouldn't be here at the forums. I can give an evidence, even hundreds. I have changed mine uncountable times. It is possible...

On an IPad? How can you change the scripting on an IPad? I would really like to know so I can use this cheat.

I would like to know as well if it does.

Originally Posted By: Lavis
Originally Posted By: JamesMighty

I would like to know as well if it does.

Yeah but now this is getting wierd with the quoting tool tongue

• 1 month later...

Here it is on my ipad with Five characters thanks to the great script.

1. You do need a jail broken ipad.

2. Get add on through Cydia to download from safari & also Ifile to browse your ipad's directory.

3. You could use putty or winscp to do this wireless on a jail broken ipad without the above first two steps.

4. There is a program that lets you browse your ipad without being jail broken. Might be able to use this to do it too.

What way is up to you but you will need to go to your app directory and find Avadon. This will be time consuming depending on how many aps you have. The folders are labeled as a bunch of numbers. Just click on a folder look for Avadon, if nothing go back till you find the right folder.

Overwrite pre existing files with these new ones and it works.

18ywjn.jpg

• 4 years later...

Holy necro batman, I do apologise - But I figured if it came up as the top thread on google for me, it would for others as well.

I installed this mod as instructed in the OP, I don't use anything else so simply copied and overwrote the .txt script files - but trying to 'talk' to a pylon to add party members results in the error messages you can see here;

http://imgur.com/a/FWUX7

FWUX7

Any help 'd be appreciated, if anyone knows of an easy fix?

Those error messages mean one (or more) of the text files are not formatted properly for Avadon to interpret. That could be caused by human error, or by file corruption.

Just to rule out some other cases, what platform are you on, what site did you purchase the game from, and what version number does your Avadon app have?

Those error messages mean one (or more) of the text files are not formatted properly for Avadon to interpret. That could be caused by human error, or by file corruption.

Just to rule out some other cases, what platform are you on, what site did you purchase the game from, and what version number does your Avadon app have?

Windows 10, Steam and the most current update.

That said, I managed to fix it by deleting the whole works, then verifying files through Steam and then simply repeating the above steps.

Beats me still what went wrong the first time, but it's working now - thanks for taking an interest!