Nethergate 2 ?

Don't you think that a "Nethergat 2", with improved interface and graphics, would be fun ? I only played the demo, but having 2 storylines, and 2 different sort of people seems to be a very good idea.

frown I think i won't buy Nethergate (25 $ is 25 $, and for quite an old game ; I bought Av3, and maybe I will buy Geneforge).

But when there will be a nethergate 2 (in the year 2027), I'll buy it !!!

PS : why not creating a different sort of magery for the Romans ? (in the year 2027 too)

A lot was well done with this game, and some stuff needed some work. It's kind of unlikely that there will be a Nethergate 2, merely because the game's ending kind of precludes any sequel. I might be remade, although I'm not sure what to think about that.

Oh yes, and if you buy A3, you can get Nethergate for $15, if you purchase both simultaneously!

I say no. NETHERGATE IS A GOOD GAME AND MAKING A SEQUEL WOULD PROBABLY JUST MAKE IT LOOK LIKE SOME BRAINLESS "PAIN IN THE ASS VII - THE RETURN" HACK/SHOOT 'EM ALL GAME.

I like Nethergate most of all Spidweb Games. Or Geneforge. Or the Exile/Avernum series. Or whatever.

But I also don't like the Idea of a Gf2, and I also wouldn't have had an E2 (though E2/3 are good!).

Quote:
Originally posted by Terrors Martyr:
If it was going to be done, it would have to be in the 5th century after the ROmans leave and the Saxons arrive. However, the problem is that this is the period the historical Arthur lived if he existed at all, and Nethergate 2 as some Arthurian piece of crud is not something I want to see.
Read The Mists of Avalon.
It is possible to create a good Arthur-based storyline, even if it is overused.

-E-

Quote:
Originally posted by Miriam:
Romans should not be able to use Druidic skills. The whole reason for having two different storylines is that the two teams are completely different. If the Romans had this skill they would be at an obvious advantage.
Did you even bother to read the beginning characters for the Romans? It says that on of them has picked up a few druidic skills. Probably a spy or something. Who knows? Only Jeff and the makers.