Avernum 3: Is there anyway to enter Erika's bedroom?

There are places that aren't meant to be entered that are filled in on the map. Some parts of the dragon's lairs are the same way at least in the Exile 3 version.

Jeff either likes taunting players or at some time planned for players to use the area and changed his mind. Geneforge 4 has a poor trapped gazer in the drakon fortress that Jeff decided not to use and just locked the door.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Nightwatcher
But do you actually know who first or started using it?

From what I can gather, the greeting most likely stems from Room 3 chats during the Misc. forum era (2002) involving ADoS, Khoth, and Saunders among others. (This is also where the fluffy turtle meme originated; the two are related.) The greeting also seems to reference some very old Spiderweb Software slogans.

Originally Posted By: Nightwatcher
Mods/high titled members never forget that attitude, did a mod/high titled member greet you?

*sigh* I wasn't greeted at all. And I'm not sure, but among the mods I've only ever seer Randomizer using it.

What's the fluffy turtle meme ?

That's because it's a meme unique to Spiderweb. I'm not sure how the two become attached, but fluffy turtles are to whom we feed our sanity on the way into SW.

The first fluffy turtle, Inspector Peanuts, was a stuffed toy belonging to an older member (Almighty Doer of Stuff). ADoS asked several other members to help name him, and thus introduced the fluffy turtle to the boards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...